Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the way the Sonata Hybrid should have came from the Factory! I will be installing clear bra for it soon. Anyone in SoCal need the same done, this guy in Fountain Valley will fill your existing bumper holes. $250, out the door. Includes removal of the bumper and professional paint with clear coat and reassembly. Turn around is 2 days.

:):):):):)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
It sure looks great but you are in violation of CA law as you have to display a plate on the front bumper. :mad: You might want to move to TN where it's not required as they only give you one plate upon registration.:)

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.

V C Section 11713.17 Front License Plate Bracket

·
Registered
349 Posts
if folks like the black look then it's DIY to just plasti-dip the piece and top it off with some glossifier, total cost less than $20. Obviously it won't be a pro finish, but for $20 and fully reversible i don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It sure looks great but you are in violation of CA law as you have to display a plate on the front bumper. :mad: You might want to move to TN where it's not required as they only give you one plate upon registration.:)

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.

V C Section 11713.17 Front License Plate Bracket
I understand, great job pointing for pointing that out. I think I will stay in southern California for now thanks. I will be purchasing a tow hook license plate so i dont have to drill holes in the freshly painted bumper. Here is the Amazon Link.
Amazon.com: The Platypus Tow Hook "No Holes" License Plate Mount for Hyundai Veloster and Elantra (2011+): Automotive

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Great idea. :) Show us a picture when mounted.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Maybe-thanks for the compliment. The plate takes away from it but that's what I get for living in N.Y. all my life.

Raversman-I didn't know that tow hook plate adapter even existed. I think it's a great idea although I guess I just am accustomed to the plate being in the middle of the bumper rather that offset as in the picture. Cool invention either way!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
What I just noticed and read after checking out the 1 review of the plate mount is that it sticks out 3" from the bumper. I can see that being an issue when going through a car wash of if you parallel park often. I know from parking in NYC for 27 years that many people tap bumpers while parking and the 3" extension may not be great in that type of setting, but it still is a great idea if you don't want the bumper drilled.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What I just noticed and read after checking out the 1 review of the plate mount is that it sticks out 3" from the bumper. I can see that being an issue when going through a car wash of if you parallel park often. I know from parking in NYC for 27 years that many people tap bumpers while parking and the 3" extension may not be great in that type of setting, but it still is a great idea if you don't want the bumper drilled.
Vinny, when i receive the kit and install, i will post pictures of the fitment. IF it does stick out 3 inches it wont look good i agree. I wouldnt think it would be that far out, but i will install and advise possibly sometime next week.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you have a drill and tap set you can cut that 3" off and retap the threads so that it sits flush. That should be able to solve that...or maybe you can find another bolt at HD or someplace like that!

Chuck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts