Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
This is a great forum so I thought I would stick around. First off, up until 3 yrs ago I had never owned a Hyundai. I always drove Chevy's. Well I learned quickly that they do not hold their value and they end up nickel and diming you to death as they age. So, I switched to Toyota when I bought my 2004 Corolla S. That was a great car but very expensive to purchase up front. I sold it to a friend of mine who needed a car and I decided to upgrade. I ended up purchasing a 2010 Elantra Gls used in 2011 with only 9K miles on it. It was a very basic car...but it got me around.

This past Sept. I walked into my Hyundai Dealership and was given quite a bit for my 2010(I had a lot of equity in it) and upgraded to a 2013 Elantra GLS with the Preferred Package for literally a few bucks more a month for a car payment. I got the Indigo Blue with Grey Interior! Wow, what an awesome car! Loved driving it for every min.....! Once it got cold, I really got to enjoy those heated seats! Love the Bluetooth..and all the standard features. What a value!
Well, exactly one week before christmas I was coming home from work on the freeway and a semi decided to switch lanes into the rear back side of me and cause me to spin out ahead of him. He hit me again and I went flying into the median. Imagine my shock and disbelief! My car was ruined! When the cops came they told me it was still driveable...and sure enough it was. I didn't have a scratch on me. The airbags never deployed...but the car was really messed up. Drivers side pushed in, front drivers bumper gone....foglight...gone..rear drivers side bump hanging. I drove it home!(I don't know what I was thinking....I was in shock!) :confused: Of course there were lots of rattles and stuff didn't sound right so I had it towed to the body shop. Later, the deemed it as totaled. I was very sad.... All this for being in someone's blind spot for a moment... :( Never had an accident in my 16 yrs of driving! This was my 4th new car!

Well, my dealership gave me a loaner (2012 Sonata GLS...nice car!)to use free of charge from the time of my accident till the time I picked up my brand new Elantra GLS. I got the same exact one....but brand spankin new. I was very impressed seeing as pickings are very slim because they are making room for the 2014's. Very pleased right now and happy to have it back in my garage! I just hope I can hit 3,000 miles with it this time before having anyone come along and wreck it! (How about it never gets wrecked?? That sounds better!)

Anyways, that is a bit about me. I look forward to reading all the tips and advice on here especially concerning Elantras. (Seeing this is my 3rd one now)

Ellynn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah a friend of mine came up with it(name spelling) and it just kinda stuck! Either way, happy to be alive and happy to be driving my Elantra!

·
22,793 Posts
Another success story of an Elantra owner walking away from an incredible collision. This car never ceases to amaze me with its ability to protect its owner. Glad to have you around...
:00000732:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts