Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Sonata w/ Ultimate package in Phantom Black.

This is Sonata number 6. I had 2 x 2011's (me and my son) and one 2013 for the wife. Son's 2011 got totaled so I got him a 2015 Symphony Silver.

So my wife was like, I want one, got her 2013 appraised and got $9K for it (had less than 31K miles on it). Traded her 2013 in and got her a 2015 Black Sonata.

My 2011 needed 3 qts of oil in one week during a road trip. Had 107K miles on it so I had to let it go. I picked up a 2018 Sonata.

Yeah, a Sonata family indeed. Everyone is happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
2018 Sonata w/ Ultimate package in Phantom Black.

This is Sonata number 6. I had 2 x 2011's (me and my son) and one 2013 for the wife. Son's 2011 got totaled so I got him a 2015 Symphony Silver.

So my wife was like, I want one, got her 2013 appraised and got $9K for it (had less than 31K miles on it). Traded her 2013 in and got her a 2015 Black Sonata.

My 2011 needed 3 qts of oil in one week during a road trip. Had 107K miles on it so I had to let it go. I picked up a 2018 Sonata.

Yeah, a Sonata family indeed. Everyone is happy.
Very nice!

I was the first to try Hyundai the moment the Theta I and the Alabama plant got going back in late 2005. I literally bought the first 2006 3.3 V6 Theta I to arrive in San Diego off the pedestal out front in an hour on my lunch break. Ebony Black/Grey interior ..of course. Still, love it today on a 45 min commute each way. Saved my bacon at least twice and still looks and performs awesome.

In the years since both of my sons have been salivating at getting Dads car. My oldest swung a sweet deal to get a used 2013 Elantra from Vegas with the super dark window tint in of course Black courtesy of graduating He joined the armed services via the grandparents. It's a nice car just not as "solid" as my Sonata LX when I drive it or shut the trunk. It looks great. I like the Elantra series just too lightweight.

My wife wanted a Tan Pilot so we all-time high-cost wise $ 33K on a new 2010 one...the thing sucked CVVT oil and the interior degraded. Thankfully after years of complaints, they fixed the oil vampire thing and now it's actually pretty good. After all the fixes.

My other son as finding my moms 1992 Grand Marquis LS too old (not graduated yet nor in armed services ) and too much in repairs so I sprung for a used drive to own a used 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition with one owner maintained throughout. He loves it. We all do it is a good looking compact in Graphite Silver

Who's happiest? Probably me with the oldest Hyundai the Ebony Black 2006 Sonata LX followed by my two sons than my wife who now wants a truck. Hyundai rocks.

Honda is ok..For myself, though I love the look of your Fluidic sculpture look of your new '18 almost bought one, holding out for 2020 complete redesign hopefully its a gem just like my 2006. I have to admit though I like the look of my youngest sons 2005 Honda as well ..very classy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I’m glad to see you’re all enjoying your Sonatas! When I bought mine in 2016 I didn’t know anything about the previous generations nor did I have a clue what to expect being my first Hyundai let alone my first foreign car (I always bought American). After having my Sport for 2 years now I can say it’ll be hard for me to let it go when the time comes. I’m waiting to see what the 2020 Sonata is all about but for now this currently makes me very happy.

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correction, my 2011 Sonata had 170K miles on it. She served me well but it was time to like her go. 3 qts of oil in a week is definitely something to take action on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts