Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned by trouble free 2007 Elantra Limited, new from dealer in August 2007. This is the first time I have had trouble and it is not getting fixed.
Excessive cranking on incline, decline, and sometimes level. If on incline or decline I have had to coast to level ground and then it finally starts. Have had it in to shop twice, returned with their belief that it was fixed but MPG still reading anywhere from 9 to 16 to 20. MPG will change from the time I park to when I have a hard start. Engine light comes on. After first repair, engine light came back on less than 15 miles later (and 3 hours after picking it up). Crank sensor replaced. Second time in I left it for 4+ days so they could have time to really check it out and fix it. I was going out of town so it was no big inconvenience. This time very confident about repair..found corroded wires at grounds for ERM at left front strut tower, removed and cleaned terminals, and removed paint from strut tower at ground connections. Asked if MPG corrected and he said no but he would reset it inside for me (like I had not done that at least 10 times since this first happened) and said it would correct itself.

Check engine light comes on about 16 miles later. A weekend of several times I did not know if it would start or not and new light now on when cranking and not starting...the EPS light. But when the car starts that light goes off. Another thing...think the RPMs are weak, or something does not look right about them but nothing severe ...float around .8-2.2.

Any ideas? Taking to a different dealership tomorrow hoping for better results.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.
I'm movinthis into the Elantra section where you should get better responses to your problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (sufa @ Aug 30 2010, 01:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352898
Have owned by trouble free 2007 Elantra Limited, new from dealer in August 2007. This is the first time I have had trouble and it is not getting fixed.
Excessive cranking on incline, decline, and sometimes level. If on incline or decline I have had to coast to level ground and then it finally starts. Have had it in to shop twice, returned with their belief that it was fixed but MPG still reading anywhere from 9 to 16 to 20. MPG will change from the time I park to when I have a hard start. Engine light comes on. After first repair, engine light came back on less than 15 miles later (and 3 hours after picking it up). Crank sensor replaced. Second time in I left it for 4+ days so they could have time to really check it out and fix it. I was going out of town so it was no big inconvenience. This time very confident about repair..found corroded wires at grounds for ERM at left front strut tower, removed and cleaned terminals, and removed paint from strut tower at ground connections. Asked if MPG corrected and he said no but he would reset it inside for me (like I had not done that at least 10 times since this first happened) and said it would correct itself.

Check engine light comes on about 16 miles later. A weekend of several times I did not know if it would start or not and new light now on when cranking and not starting...the EPS light. But when the car starts that light goes off. Another thing...think the RPMs are weak, or something does not look right about them but nothing severe ...float around .8-2.2.

Any ideas? Taking to a different dealership tomorrow hoping for better results.

Send me your VIN...

Was recall on fuel pumps on a bunch of those ...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts