11Mercedes-Benz0.3%
12BMW0.3%
13Lexus0.3%
14Hyundai0.3%
15Volkswagen0.3%
16Kia0.2%
17Audi0.1%
18Porsche0.1%
Earning the top spot is Toyota with 1.8 percent of its vehicles reaching 200,000 miles

Link to full report :

·
Registered
851 Posts
At least Hyundai/Kia weren't last as they had Audi & Porsche behind them, but if they considered only the original engine, Hyundai/Kia drops.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised in the brand ranking that Lexus was pretty far down the list, so far own they tied with.....ahem Hyundai.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm surprised in the brand ranking that Lexus was pretty far down the list, so far own they tied with.....ahem Hyundai.
not surprised here...The only difference between Lexus and Toyota is that the Lexus owners can afford to get a new vehicle, where Toyota owners are more likely to have to keep fixing it to keep it on the road.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that makes sense and some brands are more likely to be leased in greater % , Lexus owners I think would tend to be probably older and less inclined to tolerate the pitfalls of the automotive repair biz. I looked at a number of used off RX350 prior to buying the Hyundai SFS - what a lucrative business for Toyota, dealerships and leasing companies, with the high residuals leasing is attractive and then the car can be released or resold often times as a CPO at what I found for me to be inflated prices. But the ones coming off 2 or 3 yr leases still had a new car feel to them - very solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts