Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best H11b bulbs for my Santa Fe? I'm not too interested in color (though a higher scale is slightly preferred some 3500K?) but longevity seems to be the issue with these. They are like damned unicorns in every auto parts store in my city and Amazon seems to be my only bet. A forum search seems to indicate Sylvania as being the best but even those have rather mixed reviews. I'm also open to hearing about H11b to H11 conversion.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
When I bought mine a year-and-a-half ago, I installed Sylvania SilverStars I bought off Amazon. Their price is much better than the local box stores. Pros: Noticeably more light at a higher temperature than standard halogens, which appeals to somebody in his sixties. Cons: Shorter life and higher price than standard halogens.

To me, it's worth it. Consider how much it might be worth the bother and expense to butcher your headlight housings just to say you have something besides H11B low beam connectors.

While you're at it, consider SilverStars for the high beams and fogs, too. They're in all of my front end lighting.

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
OSRAM, HELLA, PHILLIPS,,, German made bulbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bulbs in there are Osram bulbs. I also saw some decent remarks about Eiko which I've been able to locate on Amazon. Now I just need to confirm that the tail lights are 1157 both on the body lights and the tailgate. One just died...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
On the brake/tail lights, I went with 2357 bulbs. The brake filament is brighter (~500 lumens compared to ~400 lumens) but, like the brighter head lights, are shorter lived. Some people don't check their lights often enough, but I look at the front end of the vehicle stopped behind me to make sure mine work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.