Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm over in Chicago for work for the next several weeks but it came with a very pleasant surprise. Last night I had a meeting with my Manager and was told I'm being promoted to Senior Network Architect and my salary is being doubled due to the relocation needed and jump in position. The job is based out of Chicago so I will be commuting here for a while until a house is found and purchased. That being said my Geo Metro is starting to show signs of the end and I'm seriously considering purchasing another E. A dealership about 45 minutes away has a few 2013 models brand new on the lot they are trying to clear for $16,xxx!!!!

Here's my dilemma, I kick myself every day for not getting a 6-speed when the dealership swapped my car out under the lemon law. One of the cars there is.... you guessed it a 2013 6-speed Shimmering White Pearl Limited with Tech Package. The price though? Only $17,890! I'm considering buying this car, swapping everything over from my current E onto this one and then driving my current E daily since it's an automatic. Chicago traffic would be a pain in the rear with a manual.

We'll just have to wait and see though.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 2013's with Tech Pkg are available with a manual transmission. FML!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The 2013's with Tech Pkg are available with a manual transmission. FML!
That's what I thought when I actually found it. There's no pictures of it on their site except for the generic Elantra photo but I called and they claimed that it has the push button start, navi, 6-speed, etc. I'm planning on going to take a look at it Monday to see if it's for real.......

As far as I knew the 6-speed manual was only available on the GLS.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't get it . Six speed ,traffic or no traffic , its all the the same. Go with the 6er and have some fun.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ask them for the VIN and run it to verify package.

I want a Limited w/ Tech in STANDARD tooooooo!!!

Everyday I drive mine, I think of my Prelude days when folks would convert their autos to manual. I have that itch with the E.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ask them for the VIN and run it to verify package.

I want a Limited w/ Tech in STANDARD tooooooo!!!

Everyday I drive mine, I think of my Prelude days when folks would convert their autos to manual. I have that itch with the E.
Good call, I didn't think of that lol.

Why not give it a shot when you pull the motor for the turbo kit?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Congrats on the major salary boost, as if (based on your constant spending) you didn't already have money falling out of your arse, lol. Maybe now would be a good time to pack it away for the very uncertain future we're all in for, and pretend you still have the same funds as before for your mod addiction?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congrats on the major salary boost, as if (based on your constant spending) you didn't already have money falling out of your arse, lol. Maybe now would be a good time to pack it away for the very uncertain future we're all in for, and pretend you still have the same funds as before for your mod addiction?
Thanks and I'm for sure going to be saving more. I'm going to be putting a lot of it aside so we can put as much down possible on a house once we move over to the Tinley Park area. I want to be able to put down 40% next year when we move and have the house paid off within 10 years.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Thanks and I'm for sure going to be saving more. I'm going to be putting a lot of it aside so we can put as much down possible on a house once we move over to the Tinley Park area. I want to be able to put down 40% next year when we move and have the house paid off within 10 years.
Now you're talkin...There is nothing as comforting as having no mortgage, no car payment, no debt and most of your income being put in good investments and guilt free spending on a better life. :grin:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, no such thing as a Limited with a manual tranny, unless it was a special order or build. It says NA right on the Hyundai website.
That's what I thought and I tried to build one on the site with no luck there. I'm thinking they don't know what they are talking about....

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm thinking they just want you to walk into their dealership. Bait and switch type.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking they just want you to walk into their dealership. Bait and switch type.
Yeah I ran the VIN on NADA since I have a login and it's a GLS :mad:.

Oh well, there's a 2010 Prius with about 18,xxx miles I found at Sunshine Toyota for $16,999 that's certified. Killer gas mileage too!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like the newest Prius. I'd get it in all black and murder it out.

·
22,793 Posts
Now you're talkin...There is nothing as comforting as having no mortgage, no car payment, no debt and most of your income being put in good investments and guilt free spending on a better life. :grin:
Ah, how correct you are sir! If it wasn't for my age preventing me from qualifying for Medicare and needing coverage for Ms. OkieRich, I wouldn't be doing anything. Well, except for enjoying little umbrella drinks on some cozy, warm beach while the rest of you bums freeze your tushie's off. Imagine, half-clothed native girls keeping me cool waving those large, hand-woven, palm fans over my person. Mmm...sigh. (But, eventually, good Lord willing, we'll get our opportunity in the foreseeable future.) If anyone deserves the above lifestyle, it's me! LMAO

That's pretty much how Silvergls lives over there on the islands. Guy's got it made in the shade! :wink2: Speaking of Silvergls, he should be returning from SEMA, soon. That %&*%$#$$^!!! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts