Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my next car. It's a 2014 loaded Azera. I hope to have it by the end of the week. Still have to agree on numbers. You see I'm not straying to far away. The Sonata and Azera are somewhat similar. I hope to put my Sonata's Winsli automatic window module and rain sensing wipers on it along with a factory trunk lip spoiler and an aftermarket roof spoiler and front lip spoiler.

I know I will miss my Turbo Sonata. First thing I have to do is rip off the items I want to resell and not give them away with the trade. I will have a bunch of parts to sell so watch the "For Sale" area of this forum for those posts.

The power folding mirrors I installed are going with the trade if we agree on a fair price on the vehicle as is. If not I will remove the mirrors and resell them as a kit.

I'm going to leave a lot of my upgrades on the car and I'm hoping for $2500 above KBB's trade in value of $15250. We'll see how that goes. That's the tricky part of this sale.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really breaks my heart to sell it. After I got the steering column and turbo adjustment fixed it's been a perfect car with all the goodies. It's the cooled seat I wanted and could not install so it's time for an upgrade. Since I don't like the rear bumper on the 2014 Sonata I did not consider it.

I should have some Nameless Turbo Performance Parts, Nameless Front Strut Bar, 2 Rear Sway Bars, 2 Gauges, Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can for a Turbo engine, Bulbs, Dash Cover, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Applique, and Clamps for sale after I trade the vehicle.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice upgrade!

·
22,788 Posts
Great looking Azera in the pic, Jim. That's the one, yes? You should really love that thing.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know I said a week but at that time the incentives were not as they are now. Plus, I FINALLY got the price I wanted for the 2011 Sonata trade and I practically stole the Azera. I could not say no after they agreed to my numbers. It started with a cold call from my salesman on Friday. After we disagreed on some numbers I faxed over the deal I wanted and they reluctantly agreed. The car should be here Thursday. Happy "Fathers" Day everyone!!

PS - The Power Folding mirrors went with the car.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of discount did you get on the Azera?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Great choice! The Azera has a wonderful interior! One of my customers actually came in for a Sonata on Friday and ended up leaving with an Azera. Didn't try to upsell - most new cars end up being the minimum $100 commission regardless of price. She just passed it on the way inside and she practically begged for a test drive! :p

Enjoy your new ride! Hopefully the dealer gives you a fair price given your enhancements. B)

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone!

The invoice price was $35,637 with an MSRP of $38,030. Subtract $1,750 in incentives plus the $500 match for a total w/o tax tags title of $33,387.

Not bad!

I can't say what I got for the Sonata because it's not sold yet at the dealership but I was very happy.

As for parts for sale - I am making a list and I will be posting it in the For Sale items category on this site. My Nameless stuff is coming off plus the OCC from Saikou Michi for sure.

PS- while typing this I got the call that the car will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See you guys on the Azera side now. Just took delivery of my dream car today and traded the 2011 Sonata Turbo. I got a lot of stuff off it but had to leave the Oil Catch Can on because I didn't have the time to fight that clamp on the PCV hose under the intake. I will now make a list of stuff I can't use again on the Azera and start selling stuff soon. Here are some pics of the 2 cars (new and trade) sitting side by side.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts