Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Santa Fe GLS, 2.7L

Took it into the dealer to get the Airbag light checked, and came up with...

GDS B1382

Resistance High on Passenger Side Airbag. So they quoted me over $2,000 to get a new seat just to take the module out and put it into my existing seat. My car is 10 years old, is there any other solutions?? Anyone deal with this, and is my dealer full of ****?? I asked all this, and why it had to be this way, and he said, it's just how it is. Which I feel is bulls**t. Can I get a used seat, bring it in for calibration?

Any info or options would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
How much do you know about working on these?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you're asking. How mechanically inclined am I, or how much do I know about the Hyundai Airbag System? Airbag system, I dont, thats why I was asking if I had other options about this particular sensor/module or any information about that code in general.

Thanks man.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
SRS systems are more about electronics and programming than mechanics. That's why I asked. I would advise you do some research and if you decide to do it you'll need to have the system reset by someone with a good scan tool to finish it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no doubt. I dont want to mess with it. Just had my Takata airbag in my Accord replaced, I'm not messing with any of that stuff.

My thinking was that the dealer told me I had to buy a new seat, which was quoted at $2K, just so they can use the sensor and put it in my seat. So I didnt know if anyone had experience with this, and just went ahead and bought a used seat online, for like $300, replaced it (the entire seat, same color), then took it in to get re-calibrated/scanned.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
The problems with seat airbags are more often to do with the connectors under the seat than the airbag itself, so you might not really need a new airbag/seat. But I'd certainly be looking for a used seat rather than pay the dealer $2k for a new one if that's how you plan on dealing with the problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Tap for home later

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2008 Santa Fe GLS, 2.7L

Took it into the dealer to get the Airbag light checked, and came up with...

GDS B1382

PSAB - High Resistance (poor connection across connector)

Resistance High on Passenger Side Airbag.

So they quoted me over $2,000 to get a new seat just to take the module out and put it into my existing seat.
Doesnt need a seat.....

My car is 10 years old, is there any other solutions??
Yes

Anyone deal with this,
Been a good while, seen more on old Sonata & XG,, but the cause and repair generally same process

and is my dealer full of ****??
I presume AOL Keyword is "CRAP" ?? My answer---> YES

I asked all this, and why it had to be this way, and he said, it's just how it is.
Maybe a shop full of youngsters that havent had to -- or know how deal with this, then we have liability involved since it 'AIRBAG" system, which is not 100% in first place, as too many variables in a crash to know it will do anything for occupants.. I say the fault is with the connector under seat,, but I aint there to do visual myself,, and do a repair.....

Which I feel is bulls**t.
Yes

Can I get a used seat, bring it in for calibration?
You DO NOT need seat replacement

Any info or options would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Couple minutes to unbolt seat from floor,, add couple more minute to repair pin fit of PSAB connector, resecure connector holder under seat, and zip-strip body side of pigtail a few inch prior to conector so any wire movement does not stress at connector, but at the point of zipping to seat bottom

DO NOT PLACE ITEMS UNDER EITHER OF THE FRONT SEATS

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Before doing the work be SURE to discharge the SRS system. Don't need to deploy the bag or you will be needing MUCH more work done.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Before doing the work be SURE to discharge the SRS system. Don't need to deploy the bag or you will be needing MUCH more work done.
I forgot to.. but I been doing SRS since Toyota come out with it in 1990,, I guess I'm an "expert" ??

Attachments

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I forgot to.. but I been doing SRS since Toyota come out with it in 1990,, I guess I'm an "expert" ??

I wouldn't think you need to be coached,,,,but a novice.....well.....maybe. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I apologize for the delayed message. Been absolutely swamped at work.

When you say pin fit, you just mean the male end going into female end? Just not a tight connection in general and needs to be just reworked a little bit to make a more secure connection?

I appreciate all the help and input greatly. That seat has been unplugged and pulled before, so it def could be an issue.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks this is BS, I bought my Santa fe used with just over 100000kms on it from a older couple that had brought it in for the airbag recall and not very long after the airbag light came on again then I bought it. I called the dealer about the airbag to which they said Sorry its already been done so its out of their hands. Well it seems to me that if there was ever an accident and that airbag didnt deploy I would SUE THEIR PANTS OFF, their product is obviously defective, I cant think of a single reason why anyone would ever intentionally screw around with a airbag so how can I be responsible for it to fail.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks this is BS ?
Hmm,, let me try to sort this out in some kind of order..

I bought my Santa Fe used with just over 100000kms on it from a older couple that had brought it in for the airbag recall,, and not very long after the airbag light came on again then I bought it.
Ok,, you bought it with SRS warning light illuminated..

I called the dealer about the airbag to which they said Sorry its already been done so its out of their hands.
Here is where the problem sits,, you assume light is on due to recall ?? Dealer person should have been smart enough to know that there is any of 100+/- trouble codes involved with SRS self diagnostic that could illuminate warning light when fault detect..

Neither one of you know what the real fault is because nobody plug in GDS to do a FAULT CODE SEARCH to recover fault code(s) to know which circuit(s) SRSCM see to have fault.. Dealer person should have explain this to you,, yes recalls been done, but we would like to have car for scan,, there is a primary diag charge of $X amount,, and found to be related to part or workmanship of recall, we will get Hyundai Motor to cover.... if not related to recall,, then you will be liable for diag and repair costs....

Well it seems to me that if there was ever an accident, and that airbag didnt deploy,, I would SUE THEIR PANTS OFF
You have warning light, and you fail to have system scanned,, and without knowing what circuit seen to be at fault,, wont fly.. kinda like "you put air in my tires, and now my battery is dead

Their product is obviously defective, I cant think of a single reason why anyone would ever intentionally screw around with a airbag so how can I be responsible for it to fail.
Maybe gerbils, squirrel, mice at a wire harness enough to short or open circuit a SRS item,, seen it numerous times... Stuff crammed under seats tug on floor harness, cause poor pin fit at connector,, been there done that too many times over the years

Lets find out what DTC(s) are stored in SRSCM so we actually know what circuits(s) the SRSCM is seeing to be at fault,, then we carry on in a more informed fashion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts