Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded the 05 Elantra GT in today and picked up a 2010 Sonata GLS w/bluetooth in Slate Blue.

I was looking at Tourings until I realized the rebates on these last few 2010's was 2500 bucks. Unfortunately there were only 2 color choices availble locally. Both had the Tan interior that I can't stand. Good ol Google found me a dealership a little more than an hour away that still had my top color choice. Even better yet, they were no-nonsence rock bottom price over the phone and had it ready to go when I arrived. Simply had to take it for a drive & sign away.

Getting back on the payment schedule kinda stinks but I know I got a good deal with a payment that is less than some people pay for thier cell phones.

The obligatory pic from the dealership.

And resting comfortably in the driveway.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really digging the bluetooth. It was a bit of a bonus to me since I didn't know it was on this particular car until I saw it in person.

This makes Hyundai #6 between my wife and I. We have had 2 Accents, a SantaFe, an Entourage, and the Elantra.

Both pics were from my cell phone but I'll take the credit :)

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
You must update your profile and purge the 2005 Elantra. I had one of those and did not like it at all. The Sonata is a Blast! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (afob3 @ May 18 2010, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324160
Traded the 05 Elantra GT in today and picked up a 2010 Sonata GLS w/bluetooth in Slate Blue.

I was looking at Tourings until I realized the rebates on these last few 2010's was 2500 bucks. Unfortunately there were only 2 color choices availble locally. Both had the Tan interior that I can't stand. Good ol Google found me a dealership a little more than an hour away that still had my top color choice. Even better yet, they were no-nonsence rock bottom price over the phone and had it ready to go when I arrived. Simply had to take it for a drive & sign away.

Getting back on the payment schedule kinda stinks but I know I got a good deal with a payment that is less than some people pay for thier cell phones.

The obligatory pic from the dealership.

And resting comfortably in the driveway.

Even better yet, they were no-nonsence rock bottom price over the phone

Care to share that rock bottom price (before taxes and tags) and the options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice.

I had the same dilemma a month ago when I bought mine, way too many "camel" interiors. I snagged the last Medium Blue Silver/Gray interior on the dealer's lot. Nice feeling, isn't it? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
14,900 after all rebates and discounts and before my trade, taxes, fees, etc.

There's always somebody out there that will say I got this for that etc but every deal is different. I'm happy and thats all that really counts. :)

The tan is just too light or perhaps I know that my family and I are just not that neat to keep it looking nice for the long haul. Given the limited selection in the area I'm counting myself lucky.

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (afob3 @ May 20 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324573
14,900 after all rebates and discounts and before my trade, taxes, fees, etc.

There's always somebody out there that will say I got this for that etc but every deal is different. I'm happy and thats all that really counts. :)

The tan is just too light or perhaps I know that my family and I are just not that neat to keep it looking nice for the long haul. Given the limited selection in the area I'm counting myself lucky.

Thats a very good deal. Any options?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plain Jane GLS plus bluetooth, mudguards, cargo net, and floormats.

They were matching an ad from the first place I went that was just a plain jane GLS with floormats. Having those couple of extras weren't even mentioned in all my phone conversations. So they were kind of a bonus. :banana:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up the same car, same options, same colors (we needed the grey interior vs. camel as well) about a month ago. Awesome car, drives great. My first Hyundai. Was driving a '98 Honda Accord which is still great but daughter gets it. Wanted a sedan that gets great MPG with a good price and this one fit all the criteria. Lots of space too. Very pleased!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome GreatLakes!

1st Problem already...... well not really. I got in the car this afternoon and hit the XM button only to be told that that station isn't allowed or something similar. Turns out the dealer (or somebody) activated the xm 3 months ago and the trial ran out. The XM rep was cool enough to deal with and got me set back up at the beginning of a fresh trial.

I doubt I will carry it when it expires but I'll take it while I can

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the XM but it's not a slam dunk that I'll keep it when it runs out in 2 months. The BlueTooth was an extra I didn't really care for or want to pay for but it was on the only model that matched my other criteria. I don't have a compatible phone but will that will enter into the decision when I get a new one (phone). I'm very pleased with 33-34 MPG on my first two fill-ups (about 75/25 highway/city).

·
1,914 Posts
:beer: Hey afob,

First the Santa Fe, now the Tidal Wave is gone! Congrats on the new Sonata in an excellent color.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I loved your white Santy, especially with the graphic.

Good luck with the car :beer:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks... The graphic really looked unique and it is what drew me to it in the first place.

Yesterday was a bad day for my new ownership.... I rolled over the 1k miles mark and got home to find the payment book in the mailbox :)

Updated my sig to show my hyundai history.

·
1,914 Posts
It really hits you that you have a new car when you hit the 1k mark and get your payment book.

Do you miss the SF and Elantra? That's my favorite color in the Entourage, South Pacific Blue?

I never knew you had 2 Accents. The red one looks like it was a base model.

·
Banned
792 Posts
14 grand NEW???

I paid $27G for the '06 GLS. That was a good deal back then, in Canada. Man we get RIPPED off. Good thing I make 2.5 million a year, Canadian.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts