Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Sonata GLS and today an annoying rattle was coming from what seems to be deep in the dash on the passenger side. I checked the glove box, closed all the doors tight etc. etc. but it is still there. It seems like a vibration as it is pretty constant but it does change going over bumps etc. Has anyone else experienced this (i.e. is it a known issue)?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
If it's coming from the glove box area by the door side GEWB fixed his and I used his suggestions to fix mine. That's going to be a hard one to "search" for here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (fillander @ Aug 24 2010, 10:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351598
I have an 08 Sonata GLS and today an annoying rattle was coming from what seems to be deep in the dash on the passenger side. I checked the glove box, closed all the doors tight etc. etc. but it is still there. It seems like a vibration as it is pretty constant but it does change going over bumps etc. Has anyone else experienced this (i.e. is it a known issue)?
I had a rattle in my 08 sonata, the cause for mine was there was a remote garage door opener in the sunglass holder
and the noise was coming from the glovebox area. I couldn't believe it but removing the item cured my rattle. I found it
when I was feeling around for the light and it opened and the remote fell out. Now it's nice and quiet. took 2 months though
to locate it. Hope You can find Your rattle, it sure is annoying.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Before going to all that work, try adjusting the headrest on the passenger seat. I thought I had a dash rattle, turned out it was the headrest. Instead of having it all the way up it is now all the way down and WALLAH. When I bought the car I had no rattles. The headrests were in the down position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts