Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought 2017 lwb cpo. Since 3 days ago this weird high pitch chirping noise started. I thought it was the cross bar on top of the roof so i took that off and still chirping. It only happens when in speed of 45mph or higher it is non stop mostly from right side sometimes i can hear it from left side while driving. It gets very annoying when my commute is all highway for 55 miles
Here is the video.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Check serpentine tensioner and/or pulleys. You can remove the belt and start the motor for only a short period to see if noise is nonexistent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check serpentine tensioner and/or pulleys. You can remove the belt and start the motor for only a short period to see if noise is nonexistent.
I am confused. I dont hear that noise when car is idle. Car had to be moving at highway speed and it will chirp like that mostly from the right side of the car

·
Registered
62 Posts
I once had a "flapping" noise from front of vehicle due to front licence plate screws being loose and stripped.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer told me it was caused by a plastic piece rubbing against the metal undercarriage of the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts