Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to feed the OEM Infinity amp (2013 SFS Limited) with SPDIF from an aftermarket head unit?

I recently bought an Android head unit to replace the OEM 2013 AVN head unit, as I'm dying to have Android OS or at least Android Auto. However the unit I bought has an external 2ch RCA-to-SPDIF converter box setup that doesn't work very well. Since the box is a separate unit the Android DSP controls do not work properly (eg, no working fade or sub control). There's a separate "Audio-A" app that seems to be meant to control the converter, but Treb, Mid, and Bass adjustments don't work there, and the app has forgotten my settings a few times leaving me with only 1-speaker audio. Aside from software issues/limitations the very idea of using only 2 channels of the 5 coming out of the head unit, and then converting those 2 channels from analog to SPDIF, really bothers me. So I am going to return it.

I have found some other Android head units that have SPDIF output built-in and I am wondering if those will 'just work' with the OEM amp. I imagine if SPDIF is built-in to the head unit then the head unit's DSP controls will work properly and that there are more than just 2 channels in the signal.

Another option is to find an OEM 2017 AVN head unit, but it's unclear whether or not that will work in a 2013. I've seen a couple of threads about that one here but neither has any closure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have an android unit aswell with the same issue. Only two channels FL and Fr going to the amplifier which then dispurses the audio to all speakers. The problem is you have no fade or balance control. However, the unit does support RL RR and AUX etc.... if only the Rockford DSR1 can support our vehicle then its just direct RCA connections. Hmm.... i have been in contact with the seller and their engineers to resolve that issue. Hopefully they have an updated SPIDF module that can resolve it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a later model, so double check if this still applies. All audio components are hooked up with a proprietary wiring harness that carries all audio channels. The OEM amplifier does not take an SPDIF connection.

I will guess the person you bought it from was probably using that connection for a 3rd party amp for a subwoofer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts