Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I installed a Dasaita HA5311-V840-8 android head unit on my 2013 SFS and wanted to share the experience. So far I have been using it for about 5 months without any issues.

Installation took me about 2 hours

Build quality: Fair
Audio quality: Good
Screen quality: Fair
Touch accuracy: Good
Touch sensitivity: Good
Fun factor: V.Good

Comes with GPS navigation, Wifi, radio, access to play store...etc.
Optional: 4G dongle, Apple car play/Android auto dongle, TPMS, TV dongle...etc.

If you are thinking about installing one and have any questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Looks very nice.

2 questions:
1) Did it retain the climate control displays? (I see that being the #1 gripe for the "name brand" after market head units)
2) Android does Apple Carplay? (I noticed you had that listed as an option). Although I guess it might make sense since the Ford Sync 3 (which uses I thought some OS like q-something from Blackberry), and it can do Carplay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My santa fe is the base model, so the climate controls are not wired to the display. However, if your santa fe has the oem navigation with integrated climate control you can install a tesla style android head unit which retains all functions, link: https://bit.ly/2Xewr0x

The unit I have retains the car’s usb, aux, reverse camera, and steering wheel controls.

As for car play, the same manufacturer sells a usb/lightning dongle to which you can connect your phone and get car play. It also supports mirroring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also installed what looks to be the same android head unit. Fun unit for the price and the NAV is awesome (google maps and here) but one gripe I had was that I couldn't change radio stations numbers via the steering wheels controls. It wouldn't let me map this feature to be the same as the factory radio. Not sure if the original poster has the same issue or if I need to update the software some how.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
T
I have also installed what looks to be the same android head unit. Fun unit for the price and the NAV is awesome (google maps and here) but one gripe I had was that I couldn't change radio stations numbers via the steering wheels controls. It wouldn't let me map this feature to be the same as the factory radio. Not sure if the original poster has the same issue or if I need to update the software some how.
this is usually a canbus issue. Contact the manufacturer and he will walk you through reprogramming it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts