Hyundai Forums banner

Which head unit would you go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another question while I wait for this harness! Does you're camera have the parking outline or is it something the headunit overlays? Mine leaves it up to the head unit and I'd issues with a replacement that inserted them resulting in a blurry overlap that required some canalisation of the new and old camera to sort out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Another question while I wait for this harness! Does you're camera have the parking outline or is it something the headunit overlays? Mine leaves it up to the head unit and I'd issues with a replacement that inserted them resulting in a blurry overlap that required some canalisation of the new and old camera to sort out.
The head unit controls the parking lines. Fairly easy to adjust with this dasaita unit... there are 3 settings for size / placement, if I recall correctly. I chose the smallest footprint as the others looked a bit awkward. Functions identical to the oem backup lines for me.
Also worth noting, the reverse/parking sensors in the rear bumper (if you have them) are not connected to the head unit and will function independently.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah nice one I don't suppose they're canbus enabled to adjust angle with the steering wheel? No sensors but want to fit them was holding off until I got the headunit installed and might tackle them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ah nice one I don't suppose they're canbus enabled to adjust angle with the steering wheel? No sensors but want to fit them was holding off until I got the headunit installed and might tackle them.
Not that I saw when I was playing with the settings. I would assume that technology would need to be present initially as there may be special canbus sensors for the steering wheel position... but I can't say for certain.

...maybe I'm old school, but I still use my mirrors for parking :cool: .. camera just makes sure I stop at the right place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
After days of asking for a tracking no I finally got one and it's not active so I guess not shipped yet :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
After days of asking for a tracking no I finally got one and it's not active so I guess not shipped yet :(
My new harness was shipped on the 7th of July and I received it yesterday. First impressions are good and the few pin out placements i checked right away were correct, specifically no speaker wires are terminated. Also got the oem USB adapter from them. Fingers crossed 🤞
109736029_1397250887148920_2457290834614201419_n.jpg

61 - 66 of 66 Posts