Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone get metadata (song name, artist, album) while streaming audio from their Android phone with Bluetooth? I read on this forum that iOS6 users get Bluetooth metadata and was wondering if this was just an apple thing. For reference, I have a 2013 sonata se with nav package and a Samsung Galaxy s3. Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
2013 Elantra Limited here with S3 and it doesn't show data on my screen. My sister has an iphone 4 and a 2013 Tucson and hers doesn't display data on the screen either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I know, you need a Bluetooth 4.0 device to show metadata. Android 4.3 and up support it, I believe.
I hope you're right! This has also been bugging me, good thing the S3 android 4.3 update was officially rolled out by Samsung. Now for the lengthy process of the providers to let us install it after they do their checks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Annoyed

Hi all, not sure what's happened, but my galaxy s4 used to display metadata in my Santa Fe 2013.
Once I upgraded to android 4.3 that ended. Still streams, but no metadata.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my wife 2013 sonata se I have the artist/song but not in my 2013 santa fe. I have a galaxy S3 too.
Is the phone plugged in via USB or Bluetooth streaming? It won't read my s3 via USB, and I just get a "streaming" message when streaming through bluetooth. I'm curious how yours is working.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
digger274321 said:
Hi all, not sure what's happened, but my galaxy s4 used to display metadata in my Santa Fe 2013.
Once I upgraded to android 4.3 that ended. Still streams, but no metadata.
I wonder if it's something they added in 4.3. I know the Bluetooth profile has been updated, is there a new option in the bluetooth settings?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the phone plugged in via USB or Bluetooth streaming? It won't read my s3 via USB, and I just get a "streaming" message when streaming through bluetooth. I'm curious how yours is working.
Via bluetooth. It work fine except for the lack of data. I just have my phone "code" on the screen. In the sonata via bluetooth I have all the data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts