Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Hyundai Tucson 1.7 CRDI DCT Sport Edition in October 2017 and took delivery in January 2018. Somehow I was under the impression that it would come with Android Auto installed ,I was wrong . It seems here in the UK this model does not have Android Auto , is it possible for me to download and install it from somewhere ? If anyone knows , I thank you in advance :smile:

·
Registered
131 Posts
yep

premium se models do not have android auto

very very strange why they didn't...tbh i dont need or want it..the car has too many things i dont use anyway..that auto tail lift is just annoying i turned the **** thing off..and the lane departure rubbish..i cant drive with that thing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some reports say Hyundai UK are going to release an update for existing units and some reports say they won't. The unit is the same as the Oz ones that do include it so it must just be a software update, so I don't really understand the delay.

I haven't found a download for the UK. I have a feeling there was a download available for the US, but then you had to pay a fair amount for it and it then only came with US maps for the NAV.

Fingers crossed they may add it at some point, but I wouldn't bank on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found the FB chat

Matt Jones Friday, 29 September 2017 at 15:26 UTC+01
Oh - it's available in the US and Australia so I assumed it was technically possible, but it would just be rolled out regionally

Hyundai UK Friday, 29 September 2017 at 15:42 UTC+01
it is indeed available in the US and Australia, we do anticipate this for the 2018 model, whether customers like yourself will be able to have this fitted via a software update is yet to be confirmed. However, if it does become available, we will let you know. Many thanks, Jay.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can you share the firmware version you have? (long press the setup/gear button)

To my knowledge, in EU there are 2 models:
  • Old model LG LAN5020EHTL: 2015-2017
    • Software version: TL.EU.SOP.20.178
    • Firmware version: TL.EU.SOP.20.130
    • Navigation version: TL.EU.SOP.10.49.55
    • Map version: EUR.10.48.54.001.001 (D.D2)
  • New Android model: 2018
    • Software version: TL.EUR.SOP.V085.170907.STD_M
    • Firmware version: TL.EUR.267.170829.MICOM.DL
    • Navigation version: DAP.EUR.HMC.170905.2DC47DC
    • Map version: EUR. 10.41.46.701.002.2 (D.D2)

Everyone is skeptical that the old model would receive Android Auto / Apple CarPlay, since the hardware is inferior (display is 800x480 while new one is 1024x600) and it lacks some controls such as a voice command button on the steering wheel (at list in my country).

But maybe you guys have it better?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts