Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I could control my Smartthings hub with my "OK Google" app. I connected them and wala! I can turn on my front house lights from my car hands-free! That is some cool stuff there. I can also change the A/C temp and turn on other lights inside the house. Now I need that ZWave garage door opener so I can say..."Ok Google, open garage door" around the corner and it will be open by the time I am in the driveway.

Technology is cool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just realized that I could control my Smartthings hub with my "OK Google" app. I connected them and wala! I can turn on my front house lights from my car hands-free! That is some cool stuff there. I can also change the A/C temp and turn on other lights inside the house. Now I need that ZWave garage door opener so I can say..."Ok Google, open garage door" around the corner and it will be open by the time I am in the driveway.

Technology is cool.
I love technology!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Likewise Apple CarPlay Siri works with HomeKit automation devices to turn off lights etc. I use it in the car on my way home to ask a temp sensor in my apartment what the temp is and to turn on a fan if it’s too warm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Likewise Apple CarPlay Siri works with HomeKit automation devices to turn off lights etc. I use it in the car on my way home to ask a temp sensor in my apartment what the temp is and to turn on a fan if it’s too warm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nest turns on the AC or heat as soon as you arrive automatically based on the location of your phone.

When I leave for work it goes into Eco mode, and when I return it will turn on if it's below or above the settings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nest is nice. I set my parents house up with a Nest over the holidays and I really like it. Unfortunately for me, I live in older apartment building in NYC. I don't have a thermostat that can be replaced with a Nest. My setup is more like a hotel AC/Heat unit (coil with hot or cold water running through it, depending on the season, and a fan). I have a smart outlet connected to the power for the fan to control it through Apple Homekit. I can turn it on/off via Siri or can set temperature limits to turn the fan on/off automatically.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nest turns on the AC or heat as soon as you arrive automatically based on the location of your phone.

When I leave for work it goes into Eco mode, and when I return it will turn on if it's below or above the settings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smartthings has an automation that allows for programming and that is one of the triggers you can set. It literally detects where you are using the gps on your phone and will let the hub know. I can also control through the voice controls to adjust when I want so that the house will already be at the desired temp when I get home. I do have some lights that come on when it detects I am close but for my front lights I want to control those only when I want them on so prefer to leave that off of automation unless I am out of town then I will setup an automation for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts