Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Tucson owners who have Google Pixel 2 (regular or XL) phone and have tried it with Android Auto. Have you had any issues?

I have not had Pixel 2 XL for long but since it has been nearly impossible to use with AA because it keeps disconnecting. Seems like it drops the file transfer USB connection and goes to charge only (bounces back and forth).

I don't think it's just me since there are nearly 900 replies about it here:
https://support.google.com/androidauto/forum/AAAA6SY52nIMMzfS_EbBt0/?hl=en

My previous phone (LG V20) didn't have this issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uninstall Android auto and reinstall it. I had this problem with my Note 8 and my 7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I tried that. Also since it's a Google phone we have access directly to their support. I did a chat session and the tech reinstalled the app even though I did it as well previously. I also tried 4 different USB cables, 2 of which are on Google's recommended list. No luck unfortunately.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pixel 2 XL.. no problems here, 2017 Tucson.
Hi. Could you tell me the version of your Android Auto and OS on the phone. Wondering if an update is causing a problem.

My OS is 8.1.0 and June 5 Security Patch.
AA is 3.3.582064

·
Registered
941 Posts
All the same versions here.

Usually when devices go in and out of charging mode it's because of the usb cable.. but since you've tried multiple ones I'm less likely to think there's a cord issue.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a Pixel 2 and so does my GF, I have a Sonata, she has an Elantra, and we have had no issues with AA connection.

At some point i think I had to turn on USB debugging after one of the Android updates, not an AA update, because suddenly it did not connect anymore.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a Pixel 2 and so does my GF, I have a Sonata, she has an Elantra, and we have had no issues with AA connection.

At some point i think I had to turn on USB debugging after one of the Android updates, not an AA update, because suddenly it did not connect anymore.
I had to do that with a BlackBerry a year or so ago to get it to work with Android Auto. That implies it's a software issue of some sort.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all.

So last night I got an Anker 3 ft USB cable and during a brief test it stayed connected. Then this morning on way to work it stayed connected on a 40 min drive. Just to clarify, when I say stayed connected I mean Android Auto. Even when AA would disconnect with other cables, the charging was still working.

Will need to keep monitoring.
I was using Cable Matters 3 ft cable previously and also tried LG cable. Both of which worked fine without any issues when I had LG V20 phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I am about ready to throw this Google phone in the garbage...or it is really USB related? It's dangerous driving when you are reconnecting a phone every 5 minutes.

I have a 2018 Tucson with Kate's software and my pixel 2 xl has the latest update.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been working fine for me since June
I did switch USB cables. Got this one:
Anker USB Type C Cable, Powerline USB C to USB 3.0 Cable (3ft) with 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, MacBook, Sony XZ, LG V20 G5 G6, HTC 10 and More

Also modified various settings mentioned here:

https://groups.google.com/a/[email protected]
Did you get this figured out? I am about ready to throw this Google phone in the garbage...or it is really USB related? It's dangerous driving when you are reconnecting a phone every 5 minutes.

I have a 2018 Tucson with Kate's software and my pixel 2 xl has the latest update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pixel 3 <-> 2017 Sonata Hybrid

Just got a Pixel 3. Had to purchase a USB A <-> C cable to connect it to the Sonata. Got the cheapest one I could because they are way overpriced. No love from Android Auto. Will try changing debugging. Will also try a different cable if that doesn't work. I will report back with results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those with a Pixel 3 that need assistance with USB Debugging.... this on a Google Pixel 3
Open the Settings menu on your phone.
Tap on System.
Tap on About phone.
Now, locate Build Number and tap 7 times to activate the Developer Options.
Thereafter, the Developer Options will be activated.
Now, you can access this menu anytime you want through the ‘Settings’ panel.
Open the Settings menu on your phone.
Tap on System.
Tap on Developer Options.
Scroll down to USB Debugging and turn it on.

Still waiting to try it and will report back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Turning on debugging totally worked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts