Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with Android Auto GPS? Previously, Android auto used to get disconnected randomly which I resolved by getting a new usb cable but now I have a weird issue that I haven't been able to solve.

The GPS gets lost randomly while driving, especially on curves and roundabouts. It will just go onto the next road or go further away from the road and then return back after 3-4 seconds. If I am driving on a straight road, it will work fine. I am not driving anywhere in tunnels or closed roads, have disabled all kinds of battery optimizations for AA, maps, and Waze but still unable to resolve it.

Surprisingly, when I just use maps or waze directly on my mobile there's no such issue at all. My phone is S21 Ultra and I have the 8 inch headunit. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience Shimmering Silver
52 Posts
Anyone else having issues with Android Auto GPS? Previously, Android auto used to get disconnected randomly which I resolved by getting a new usb cable but now I have a weird issue that I haven't been able to solve.

The GPS gets lost randomly while driving, especially on curves and roundabouts. It will just go onto the next road or go further away from the road and then return back after 3-4 seconds. If I am driving on a straight road, it will work fine. I am not driving anywhere in tunnels or closed roads, have disabled all kinds of battery optimizations for AA, maps, and Waze but still unable to resolve it.

Surprisingly, when I just use maps or waze directly on my mobile there's no such issue at all. My phone is S21 Ultra and I have the 8 inch headunit. Thanks!
Not sure which model you have but on my 2022 Tucson SEL hybrid AA has worked flawlessly on my Samsung S21+ via wireless connection. No issues with GPS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in the middle east, we don't have the wireless option. So the only way to use it is through cable

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience Shimmering Silver
52 Posts
Here in the middle east, we don't have the wireless option. So the only way to use it is through cable
Then I would definitely confirm your cable is good enough quality to withstand the data traffic along with recharging the phone. Also make sure the phone has all updates installed.

Edit: also make sure you are not setting the phone somewhere in your car where the GPS signal is being blocked. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem, I have the base model Tucson here in Australia which comes with wireless and wired AA, but the issue is happening no matter which method I choose to connect,

Using google map on the phone in the same spot in the car that I use it with the Android Auto doesn't have any problem,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I would definitely confirm your cable is good enough quality to withstand the data traffic along with recharging the phone. Also make sure the phone has all updates installed.

Edit: also make sure you are not setting the phone somewhere in your car where the GPS signal is being blocked. Good luck!
Yes, the cable was the first thing I replaced. I got the high quality Anker cables, also used the default Samsung cable but the issue is still there. I even tried keeping the phone on the hand rest but don't think the GPS signal is blocked in anyway.

I have the exact same problem, I have the base model Tucson here in Australia which comes with wireless and wired AA, but the issue is happening no matter which method I choose to connect,

Using google map on the phone in the same spot in the car that I use it with the Android Auto doesn't have any problem,
I am starting to believe it's an issue with the firmware of the headunit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it is either firmware or the GPS antenna as any app that uses car GPS is failing, but if I use TomTom navigation with AA which is using the phone GPS, it would be fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is either firmware or the GPS antenna as any app that uses car GPS is failing, but if I use TomTom navigation with AA which is using the phone GPS, it would be fine.
I read that Waze too uses only phone GPS but even that is having issues for me. Will try out TomTom

·
Registered
Cayenne S | 955
10 Posts
I have the 12-inch screen (N line model), and it works perfectly fine with AA using S10, only issue is I cant use google assistant via Voice.
Stock navigation is my go to since it looks and feels more luxurious with the 3D buildings details and all.
I am waiting on my order for one of this unit that would make AA wireless, which would make it a bit more convenient. Thought you might be interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For anyone else having the same issue, this is what fixed it for me. (not my website)

Thank's a lot, I can confirm that this works but still, it is not ideal as using the phone's GPS antenna drains more battery and it is not accurate as the car GPS would be,

I called Hyundai's customer service and I was told that there is a new software update that may fix this issue, so I booked a service with my local Hyundai dealer for next month and will update here,

But again, thanks a lot, at least I don't need to switch between apps now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts