Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I just bought an android stereo and wireless back camera. I own the santa Fe 2007 2,7 liter petrol. I connected the sender from the camera to the reverse lights in the back door but now I am faced with two problems.

1) I need to find the reverse signal or power for the reverse lights in the front of the car to connect to the android screen. Can any one tell me where to find this wire for the reverse signal?

2) The control buttons in the steering (volume, seek, mute and mode) do not work. I found some info on the internet where they say I should connect some key 1 one wire from the stereo to some blue wire from the original harness for the stereo. Can any one verify this or possibly give me more information?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you using an adapter to connect your unit to the stock harness or did you cut and splice the harness.

I have installed a chinese 2DIN android head unit in my Santa.

I have connected all things as follows:

Cameras:
Electrical wiring Wire Cable Electronics Electronic engineering

Note that on mine, the display of rear camera has to be trigered by the blue wire. May be yours automatically triggers when it receives a signal on the RCA plug.

Steering wheel control:
Text Technical drawing Line Diagram Font

Hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my stereo needs a signal also when using the back camera, I think I will just install the rca cable with the signal wire. Should have just done that in the beginning :p .

I do not have an adapter for the steering wheel control´s. I have 4 wires that I think need to be connected. Key 1. k1, k2 and ground. red some where on the internet that I need to hard wire these into the original stereo plug.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You should need only ht Wheel Key1 and ground.
As long as -like on mine - you only have one keypad on the steering wheel : seek, mute, Vol + / -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts