Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost count of all this problems I've had with my POS Hyundais---Both of them. Two engine failures, Turbo failure, AWD system failure (Twice in my wife's car-Now mine), rear defroster, Catalytic converter, heated seat went bad, bad pulleys, alternator bad, several O2 sensors, bad speaker...My goodness, there's more but I forget now.
I'm just warning people because if it were one car I'd conclude I must have gotten a lemon. But two with the same and similar failures----they're POS cars. After this gets fixed under warranty---Bye Bye Hyundai!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn't blame you for moving away from Hyundai. I am assuming that all this is occurring before 100,000 miles because you stated it is being fixed under warranty-is this correct? Because some of the things you mentioned have a tendency to need to be replaced at higher miles-so I am looking for a little clarification.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't blame you for moving away from Hyundai. I am assuming that all this is occurring before 100,000 miles because you stated it is being fixed under warranty-is this correct? Because some of the things you mentioned have a tendency to need to be replaced at higher miles-so I am looking for a little clarification.
You’re correct. I have 74000 miles on my 2015

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update 2/23 took the Santa Fe sport to a dealer in Ewing,NJ and they’re repaired the brake recall and told me the AWD system was fine. I asked to double check they called back in an hour and said all 4 wheels turned and all was good. I was skeptical but took their word on it. As I pulled out of their wet parking lot the front wheels spin and traction control kicked in...obviously not AWD. I confirmed when I got home that the drive shaft spins freely. I’m going to take it to a different dealer but have to wait a week. So frustrating, I’ve had this car a hair under two years and it’s been in the shop a total of 6 weeks with all the problems. I will also be calling Hyundai because I can’t miss more work waiting for my car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got rid of our 2013 AWD in February of 2020. Too many issues and rear diff blew out 102,000. Had it repaired (at dealership) and was leaking within a week or two. Too many problems and underlying unknown (and known) problems we had zero piece of mind. Traded it in and hopped into a 2011 Highlander. Best decision.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,754 Posts
You’re correct. I have 74000 miles on my 2015
What other vehicles that you can afford would be covered by a powertrain warranty at 74,000 mi? Volkswagen maybe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What other vehicles that you can afford would be covered by a powertrain warranty at 74,000 mi? Volkswagen maybe.
What other vehicle would need an engine replacement , new differential, new turbo, new AWD system and muffler before 74k miles? I don’t recall any I know of...are you actually defending this POS? Maybe you’re able to explain to your boss why you’re going to be late or need a ride into work numerous times in a 18 month period but it doesn’t fly so well with mine.
I have one Hyundai less and bought a new Honda with a 5/100k bumper to bumper warranty for about the same I bought my certified Ultimate. And I got 0% for 60 months and not paying much more monthly than my POS Hyundai that’s in the shop and average of 3 days per quarter.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
What other vehicle would need an engine replacement , new differential, new turbo, new AWD system and muffler before 74k miles? I don’t recall any I know of...are you actually defending this POS? Maybe you’re able to explain to your boss why you’re going to be late or need a ride into work numerous times in a 18 month period but it doesn’t fly so well with mine.
I have one Hyundai less and bought a new Honda with a 5/100k bumper to bumper warranty for about the same I bought my certified Ultimate. And I got 0% for 60 months and not paying much more monthly than my POS Hyundai that’s in the shop and average of 3 days per quarter.
Little doubt that Honda makes an overall better quality vehicle, my or should I say our 2013 SFS has been a good reliable vehicle but not interested in another Hyundai, I'm liking my Ford Ranger a lot more for $34k it gets better mgps, has a much more solid feel, has 1.6" more ground clearance, better steering feel, more power, can tow 7,500 lbs and the BO sound system is markedly better than that in the Hyundai. Oh but the power train warranty is a mere 5yr/60 k miles, but I've always viewed Hyundai's 10yr/100k power train warranty as mostly a marketing tool . Few other or maybe no other auto companies in my recollection have been forced by court action to provide lifetime engine replacements.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...this is still not resolved as it appears when you get above 60K miles the CPO warranty is a bit different and breeds to be physically approved if it's above a certain $$$. So I have not car until this is approved....could be 2-5 more days. I had it out with Hyundai and they still won't (at the very least) get me a loaner. The person I last spoke to in service was at least honest and stated this car has had a lot of problems and he would be upset as well. I told him I needed a loaner to get to work today and still nothing. He's moving it up the line...never again. Even my POS Chevy venture didn't have this many problems. What do I do next? Do I simply ask them to buy it back? I need transportation and this is beyond ridiculous

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
good luck getting Hyundai to buy it back, but as they say never hurts to ask. or you could try this approach, might be more effective in the long run.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This doesn't help your situation, but a coworker had a VW CC. He had to replace his engine, tranny, and turbo at about 75k miles. He had to take out an 11k loan to pay for it. Sad. He had his reasons not to just junk it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This doesn't help your situation, but a coworker had a VW CC. He had to replace his engine, tranny, and turbo at about 75k miles. He had to take out an 11k loan to pay for it. Sad. He had his reasons not to just junk it.
Yes, this does suck and it can happen on any vehicle, However
Bet he didn't have it happen on 2 cars from the same manufacturer.....I understand it happens. But my point is this happened on two Santa Fe sports. Look through this site and you'll see many others with the same problems. Engine failures, wastegate failure, AWD failures, etc, etc, etc. There's a pattern to what's failing and it's happening over and over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts