Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about a month late for the time interval for my most recent oil change. I needed the brake fluid changed anyhow so I had it done. I checked my records and it was just 454 miles since my last oil change. I bet it looked the same coming out as it did going in.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Since I only drive once or twice a week plus road trips, I go a year or 5000 miles between changes.
Typically 9 months to reach 5000.
With COVID, looks like it will be ~2000 miles in a full year.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I only drive once or twice a week plus road trips, I go a year or 5000 miles between changes.
Typically 9 months to reach 5000.
With COVID, looks like it will be ~2000 miles in a full year.
I don't like leaving the oil sitting for extremely long periods of time. I go by the manual and the time vs distance schedules. The oil changes are free, the other fluids have been in the car for years so I'm slowly doing those as well and the free oil changes are as good an excuse as any to keep up on the maintenance.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't like leaving the oil sitting for extremely long periods of time. I go by the manual and the time vs distance schedules.
My manual says 7500 miles or 12 months.
So what I am doing is within the recommendations, and certainly not "extremely long.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My manual says 7500 miles or 12 months.
So what I am doing is within the recommendations, and certainly not "extremely long.
Being in Florida and the limited driving I do I'm going by the severe schedule. My '07 calls for every 3,000 miles (4,800 KM) OR 3 months.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I always say that premature oil changes are a small price to pay and cheap insurance. I find that most of my customers that extend the change time are usually driving around with flat tyres so looking over a car at least every 12 months is a must.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always say that premature oil changes are a small price to pay and cheap insurance. I find that most of my customers that extend the change time are usually driving around with flat tyres so looking over a car at least every 12 months is a must.
That's the best thing, the oil change is no price except the gas to drive from here to the dealership and back (16 miles round trip) and the minor wear on the tires. Plus there's free popcorn, bottled water and muffins or pastries. If I don't get any other work done I technically come out ahead in the deal. :D

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
That's the best thing, the oil change is no price except the gas to drive from here to the dealership and back (16 miles round trip) and the minor wear on the tires. Plus there's free popcorn, bottled water and muffins or pastries. If I don't get any other work done I technically come out ahead in the deal. :D
It’s funny you mention all that good free stuff! We used to get the same while you waited, bot not anymore. Just coffee and that’s it!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s funny you mention all that good free stuff! We used to get the same while you waited, bot not anymore. Just coffee and that’s it!
Used to be, before the Covid stuff they brought in a couple dozen fresh baked donuts from the independent bakery across the street. If you got there around 8am some were even still warm. Now it's prewrapped danish or Otis Spunkmeyer muffins. The popcorn was a little stale but good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts