Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, First post! And i have a question.

I would like to replace all of the belts myself on my wifes Amica GSI. Is there a workshop manual available online, or can anyone be so kind as to describe to me how to do it.

I'm a Techie in the RAF so i feel i have a reasonable (only reasonable) level of competence to do such a job.

Anyone have any ideas? I've searched everywhere online but not had any luck so far.

Any advice other than take it so a workshop would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
Quite easy, remove the aux. belt. remove the crankshaft bolt and pulley, remove the 10mm bolts holding the plastic belt cover in place and remove the cover, temp. refit the crank pulley and turn the engine by hand until the timing marks line up (camshaft mark and pointer is at 3 o clock and crankshaft mark and pointer is at 1 o clock) release the tensioner bolt and remove the belt........fit new belt and adjust the tensioner until the belt is fairly taught on the longest run (right hand side) make sure the timing marks are still in line. temp. refit crank pulley and turn engine over two turns by hand, re-check timing marks and belt tension, re-fit all other parts. About a two hour job

BTW welcome to the forums :00000732:

Sorry forgot.....you will need to remove the water pump pulley and the right front road wheel to gain access to the crank pulley bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts