Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of other vehicles seem to have standard radios where AM/FM will actually provide you details of the song, artist, etc in the radio display. However in the 2.0T SE model I have this isn't the case. I guess I'm not 100% surprised but when I load songs via the usb stick and use it that information is provided in the radio display. Is there any models that have this ability or do none of the systems in the Santa Fe have this?

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's called HD radio. I'm pretty sure the SFS doesn't have it. Also, the station itself has to broadcast in HD.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is actually called RDS( Radio Data System) and is part of the radio in all lot of vesicles and may or may not be a part of the HD radio system.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The radio in my SFS is HD and shows when there are multiple channels per station frequency. I thought it also displayed the artist/song but maybe not. My personal pocket HD radio does for sure, but I don't listen to radio stations in the car as much as I do the Sirius channels and they do show content. The HD signal carries all the info so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be available on the display. I guess I'll have to check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts