Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the best and not the most expensive mod ever did....

change cranshaft pulley to new alu via mcwell! Easily shave 40% weight off the pulley which powers your trans!

advantages
- not expensive ie less than 300
- more power throughout, pedal more responsive (need i say more)
- can save petrol if your driving pattern never change

disadvantage
- paper filter must change to fully realise the diff
- too fun to drive slowly!
- by then too addicted and willing to try more mods!

during the process change to K&N but bottle neck still there ie low ok but mid to high rpm still so so. tried unifilter rampod but noise kills me; low - yuck but mid to high good. settled on simota fibreglass covered filter with custom rpm steel piping throughout. original alu flexible piping too thin and easily compromised but retains better low end like K&N. much better with piping thru cai through front bumper. mid & high better by then. noise level up but with windows up cannot hear!!!

all in all very happy with this mod

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by jimmyc@Sep 2 2004, 03:46 AM

change cranshaft pulley to new alu via mcwell! Easily shave 40% weight off the pulley which powers your trans!

advantages

disadvantage

during the process change to K&N but bottle neck still there ie low ok but mid to high rpm still so so. tried unifilter rampod but noise kills me; low - yuck but mid to high good. settled on simota fibreglass covered filter with custom rpm steel piping throughout. original alu flexible piping too thin and easily compromised but retains better low end like K&N. much better with piping thru cai through front bumper. mid & high better by then. noise level up but with windows up cannot hear!!!

[snapback]992[/snapback]​

Hello friend, din know what are u trying to say though.
btw wat ur fuel consumption level after installing? Mine is about 10.5km/litre of Shell V power. Believe tat it can go much lower though. Am spending like SGD450 per month!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great performance mod but not neccessary fuel saving. basically many tried tons of mods from grounding to filter to spark plugs etc etc the gist of wat i am trying to say is this offers dramatic differences in your car! in my case, no fuel saving as i keep whacking my rpm to 4~5krpm!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cherry@Sep 2 2004, 05:32 AM
Hello friend, din know what are u trying to say though.
btw wat ur fuel consumption level after installing? Mine is about 10.5km/litre of Shell V power. Believe tat it can go much lower though. Am spending like SGD450 per month!
[snapback]994[/snapback]​

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow.... 4~5 rpm? tt's **** of high !!
I'm only driving at 2K~3K rpm to save gasoline.
Even so, I'm spending this much. Think I should switch to motorised bike ! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
so much diff in weight meh...btw mcwell also selling atf cooler n engine cooler
Originally posted by jimmyc@Sep 2 2004, 10:46 AM

advantages

disadvantage

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by jimmyc@Sep 2 2004, 10:46 AM

advantages

disadvantage

super light pulley eh... good for you... less fuel consumption i geuss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts