Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone refer me to a link on replacing an alternator (03 tib v-6)? all indications are that is not charging. thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Not a hard job to do..

disconnect negative cable, flip the belt off, remove plug and positive wire from alt. loosen the bottom nut (14mm), remove the top bolt and the 2 bolts that hold iron bracket ot front of engine.

Rock the alt back-forth while lifting it up out of the hanger. Remove alternator..

If using the Hyundai re-man alt, you will need a shorter belt as pulley be smaller to spool up alt at slower speeds (alt been changed too).. thee '111 belt may be too long, replacement to use with new alt is '181

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. i'm planning on getting a re-man from pep boys. (in case there's a problem, i will be able to return easily)

can i just switch the pulleys if they're different? (i have an ark crank pulley which requires a smaller belt to begin with.)

thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does the alternator come out of the car? from the bottom or the top? it seems like there's obstacles either way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the alternator comes out through the bottom. the steering knuckle/balljoint has to be disconnected, and the steering arm has to move out of the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts