Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with suggestions on removal of alternator on 08 Accent 1.6 not much room to see.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info the task got completed. It really turned cold last night and I'm back to no start in cold. Waiting for a jump to see if I have extra juice will it start. It's been running okay from last no start when cold except alternator when out. Got that i yesterday and problem resolved. Cold this morning back to no start. Help me out on this. Out of my mind with this.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
We're at zero here in central WI...where you be?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
North Wis. Superior Wis. And the jump wouldn't start. Cold weather stops this car from firing. What could it be??

·
Registered
275 Posts
First step should have been to have the alternator and or battery tested. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.
If the engine is turning over properly and still a no start, then you have a problem unrelated to the battery/alternator. Diagnosis from a trained tech shouldn't be very expensive. If you want to do something yourself there are some simple steps you could try such as testing for spark and or fuel. Youtube should help you.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Fuel, air, spark...enough compression? Does a little start fluid help?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the point. Replaced alternator yesterday cause it went out. Drove last night. Car runs good until the temp drops. Tried jump starting this morning with no luck. It's not trying to fire. The cold does it. The cold shuts everything down.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
If it's turning over there should be enough juice to fire the plugs. So if you say no start in cold I assume it is turning over just not firing up?

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Assuming it is tuning over when it does not start I would pull a coil out and see if it is sparking when cranking. You can put an old plug in it and then ground the plug, then crank to see the spark.

When is the last time you changed spark plugs and what kind are they?

·
Registered
313 Posts
…. Does a little start fluid help?
That's the point .....
IDK if 'That's the point' is supposed to be an answer to Darren's question, but if so it's not clear to those of us who are not looking over your shoulder. You need to clearly answer the questions posted here in order for anyone to try to understand what's going on with your vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
  1. Let's say this problem only exist when it gets cold outside. Fuel pump, coils, plugs, was all changed last winter. Alternator yesterday. This car did this to me last winter. Checked fuel ignition. Crankshaft sensor and cam was also replaced. It would turn over but wouldn't fire until the weather changed. For some crazy reason in the winter I get no spark

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Wiring harness to the coils and ECU maybe. Have you done a wiggle test of the wire loom for the coils when it is acting up?

When there is no spark and you are cranking does the tach moving at all?

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
That is usually a crank sensor indication. Bad wiring or sensor or installation?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With that crankshaft sensor can I run it without that rubber seal without it doing damage to something

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
With that crankshaft sensor can I run it without that rubber seal without it doing damage to something
Without that o-ring I’m not sure if it would damage anything, but I can imagine it’s not the best idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a thought of not getting a reading when cold. Warmed up today snowed all day and guess what and behold it started right up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts