Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 Tucson GLS 2.7L V6 with about 82,000 miles. Earlier today, the vehicle refused to start. All electrical items were mostly dead, and if you left the key in the ACC/ON position, the clock and dashboard lights would start flickering. We found someone to give us a jump start, and the car (hesitantly) started up on the first try. The battery was just replaced about a year ago.

We jetted over to the Advanced Auto Parts. On the way there, the AC fan was cutting in and out and we saw the clock blink a few times. We shut off all the accessories for the rest of the trip over, and it never died on us fortunately. In my experience, these are the classic "bad alternator" symptoms. Sure enough, Advanced tested the alternator as bad, showing up with something they called "excessive ripple". The battery also tested dead, but I'm guessing that's because the alternator has gone belly up. Does this sound like an alternator to everyone else?

I'm pretty handy with things for the most part, and I'd like to replace the alternator. My father-in-law was a mechanic at one point in time, so he may be able to give me a hand. I understand that some alternators can be a real pain to get to. Anyone know how bad an alternator replacement on a 2005 Tucson is? Where is it located?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Its right here, really easy to do with the frame out (Santa Fe 2.7L 2WD) :banana:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts