Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home tonight, I heard a strange clunking noise as I made a left turn. I immediately pulled over into a layby wondering what it was.

Got out, looked under the car, walked around the car and saw a pully sitting against the kerb... could that be mine? Picked it up - it was warm - guess so.
Walked back up the road and found a belt and later found a sheared bolt (not bad in the dark)...

Wondering how this could have happened. The car is Oct 2014 - barely 2 years old, with 32000 miles. It was in for it's 3rd main service less than a month ago at a proper Hyundai dealer. Surely it would have been too soon to change the belts (which might be an explanation if the guy over tightened the bolt?)

I think the bolt sheared, then the big disk worked its way off and then the whole thing fell out.

Still - unpleasant to happen.

Going to call Hyundai in the morning - I just hope they agree to come pick the car up. I don't know if the 'accessory belt' just drives the alternator (which I could drive it), but if it drives the water pump/power steering then I don't think I should drive it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my i10 back from Daly's (Hyundai Belfast) this morning - all repaired under warranty.

What I didn't know (during the day) was that they somehow managed to blow my headlight bulbs.
I usually leave the lights on since the car turns them off itself - so I wonder did they do something during the repair that blew them?

Osram Nightbreakers - not cheap.

:) but :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.