Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some folks on here in the past discussing their issues with the recall Hyundai had to do because of the leaking oil that was damaging the alternator.

My alternator started going bad (battery light randomly flashing along with the seatbelt light and security light) so I took it in to the Hyundai dealer. They looked at it, thought it was the same problem and snapped some photos to send back to corporate. Apparently they need prior approval to do the work for free since it had already been done once before (at 67,000 miles and I'm at 145,000 now). Thankfully, they got the approval and are replacing the alternator for me for free right now!!

I'm glad they are taking care of this pretty major design flaw for me. I know alternators go bad, but you should get more than 80k miles out of a new one for sure! Hopefully this update will keep new owners of used Veracruz's in the loop in case they need to go back to get this work done down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We also had the repair done when it was originally recalled. Today, June 27, 2019*, 25,000 miles later and 4(?) years later...same problem. Hubby is at the dealer now.

Well, hubby is back and they want to charge $140 to look at it and they will charge $900 to repair and will credit the $140. Plus, since the car is in my name, they wouldn't release the repair history of the car to my husband. Hyundai is going to hear from me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts