Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched mid-sized SUV's and pretty much decided on a Santa Fe Limited.
I haven't signed the contract yet, but was hoping those of you with Santa Fe experience could tell me if this is a good deal.
The vehicle is a
2014 Santa Fe Limited, silver in color, with:
Technology package
Roof rack cross bars.
Trailering package
All weather floor mats
Roof rack cross bars
mud or splash guards
cargo mat
bumper applique
wheel locks
The dealership has quoted me a price of $36,889 which includes all taxes (which are 4% in VA), tags, & processing fee.
I would greatly appreciate any and all comments.
TIA,
Petunia

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have researched mid-sized SUV's and pretty much decided on a Santa Fe Limited.
I haven't signed the contract yet, but was hoping those of you with Santa Fe experience could tell me if this is a good deal.
The vehicle is a
2014 Santa Fe Limited, silver in color, with:
Technology package
Roof rack cross bars.
Trailering package
All weather floor mats
Roof rack cross bars
mud or splash guards
cargo mat
bumper applique
wheel locks
The dealership has quoted me a price of $36,889 which includes all taxes (which are 4% in VA), tags, & processing fee.
I would greatly appreciate any and all comments.
TIA,
Petunia
If you're talking about 2WD, this is a very good offer (USAA target price before tax, tags and fees is $37,567 as configured). If you're talking about AWD, this is FANTASTIC offer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're talking about 2WD, this is a very good offer (USAA target price before tax, tags and fees is $37,567 as configured). If you're talking about AWD, this is FANTASTIC offer.
Yes, it's AWD. The reason I posted my question in the first place is because I priced the car on Edmunds.com and their recommended price was $35,097 BEFORE taxes or probably $36,500 after taxes.
BUT, I did make one small mistake. The vehicle does not have the Technology package. I erred in including it in my list of what comes on the vehicle.
So the bottom line price offered by the dealer and the Edmunds price are both on the SAME vehicle absent the technology package.
Petunia

·
Registered
418 Posts
Does the trailering package actually include the hitch or just "towing ready.?" Just off the top that is not a bad price, but not a steal either. I would try to get them down a little more.

Do you have a trade-in or just financing the entire amount? Happy shopping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the trailering package actually include the hitch or just "towing ready.?" Just off the top that is not a bad price, but not a steal either. I would try to get them down a little more.

Do you have a trade-in or just financing the entire amount? Happy shopping.
I have a 2004 Tahoe that I will sell privately, so no trade in.
The vehicle has the trailer hitch (or receiver).
Given the info I gave you what do you think a good price is?
Remember, in VA, there is a 4.2% tax included in the price. The price I gave you includes that tax, plus tags and the stupid dealers processing fee.
Thanks,
Petunia

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, it's AWD. The reason I posted my question in the first place is because I priced the car on Edmunds.com and their recommended price was $35,097 BEFORE taxes or probably $36,500 after taxes.
BUT, I did make one small mistake. The vehicle does not have the Technology package. I erred in including it in my list of what comes on the vehicle.
So the bottom line price offered by the dealer and the Edmunds price are both on the SAME vehicle absent the technology package.
Petunia
That changes everything. The Technology package is a $4850 option!

USAA target price as configured is $34,900. Normally, I have found the USAA price to be a reasonable benchmark for getting a good deal, but when I bought my Santa Fe in July 2013, the dealer came in considerably less than the USAA price (about $1500 as I recall without having to look it up). I was actually quite surprised. If the price for your vehicle before tax, title and fees is around $35,000, and you don't like to haggle, then I say buy the car and feel confident that you got a fair and reasonable price. Just know that with some effort, you **might** be able to get them down even further. If I were in your position, I would offer $33,500, and see if that flies. If not, let them upsell you, and try to settle on $34,000 or even $34,500, again, knowing that if nothing else, $35,000 would not be a bad price.

By the way, are you sure you don't want the Technology Package? LOTS of cool stuff, including the panoramic sunroof, upgraded Infinity sound system, and great Nav system.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Can you wait 12 hours ? Good insight and info often appears at odd times.

Please put down the package you want, AWD/FWD and the forum members can find out what you should pay

Don't be swayed by neat things and items, you know what you need and afford, you also always know what your wants are.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't be swayed by neat things and items, you know what you need and afford, you also always know what your wants are.
Part of the information gathering and research process is to hear from others and get their feedback on their own vehicles, including options. It's not a matter of being "swayed". It's a matter of being "informed".

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part of the information gathering and research process is to hear from others and get their feedback on their own vehicles, including options. It's not a matter of being "swayed". It's a matter of being "informed".
Thanks everyone. This is exactly the excellent advice I was hoping for
Thanks again!
Petunia

·
Banned
532 Posts
here's 4 files attached, sorry for the DPI as there are size limits.

Most of what you have listed are PIO items/dealer installed. I don't know if there is a dealer cost available on these. The MSRP are not the dealers bottom line, there're volume, holdbacks and others spiffs they get but here's a starting point.
It's not really a good idea to show these to the dealer ;-).

Start your final negotiation Friday, 1/31 around 6:00pm---they need to sell units this month and because of the cold & holidays they aren't.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's 4 files attached, sorry for the DPI as there are size limits.

Most of what you have listed are PIO items/dealer installed. I don't know if there is a dealer cost available on these. The MSRP are not the dealers bottom line, there're volume, holdbacks and others spiffs they get but here's a starting point.
It's not really a good idea to show these to the dealer ;-).

Start your final negotiation Friday, 1/31 around 6:00pm---they need to sell units this month and because of the cold & holidays they aren't.

Good luck.

THANK YOU!!
Petunia

·
22,788 Posts
While you're at it, Petunia, holler at all my kin folks back home in Virginia. Tell them "Rich said hello!" :grin:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Prices paid

Petunia - From the other post, it seems you grabbed the limited. How much did you finally pay and what are the options?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Options

Petunia - From the other post, it seems you grabbed the limited. How much did you finally pay and what are the options?
I ended up paying $36,330.43 for a silver Limited with the following:
Roof Rack Cross Bars
All Weather Floor Mats
Mudguards
Remote Engine Start
Bumper Applique
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Trailer Hitch
Don't forget that in the state of Virginia there is a 4.2% tax added on, and my price included everything.
Petunia

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did i overpay??

I ended up paying $36,330.43 for a silver Limited with the following:
Roof Rack Cross Bars
All Weather Floor Mats
Mudguards
Remote Engine Start
Bumper Applique
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Trailer Hitch
Don't forget that in the state of Virginia there is a 4.2% tax added on, and my price included everything.
Petunia
So, was my price a good one or a bad one??
Petunia

·
Banned
532 Posts
I think you did just fine, it seems you're happy- you got the car you wanted- you got the color you wanted- you got the accessories you desired.

What could be better in life?

Now get out there and ............ :auto: .......... but don't become a stranger :thumbsup:

·
22,788 Posts
Now get out there and ............ :auto: .......... but don't become a stranger :thumbsup:
^^^ +1 What he said! Enjoy, Petunia. So, what's your first "long distance" mini-vacation? Can't buy a new car without taking it out for, at least, a weekend getaway. That's state law! :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts