Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here they are. Hope they work.

Complete kits. WIHTOUT DOOR PANELS

FITS MODELS GLS (WITH POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE) AND SE MODELS WITH AND WITHOUT NAV, WITH AUTO SHIFTER AND MANUAL A/C CONTROL, WITHOUT REAR HEATED

FITS LIMITED MODELS WITH AND WITHOUT NAV, WITH AUTO SHIFTER AND DUAL AUTO A/C CONTROL, WITH REAR HEATED SEATS

FITS GL, GLS (W/O POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE) MODELS WITH AUTO SHIFTER, MANUAL A/C CONTROL

Reduced kits

FITS GL AND GLS W/O POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE

FITS GLS W/ POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE, SE AND LIMITED MODELS

Door Panels
UPGRADE KIT: FITS MODELS WITH FACTORY TRIM

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 10 2010, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321501
You can order these from your sponsors

www.carid.com
www.autoanything.com

or PM me please.

Thank you!
Currently neither of these web sites shows your 2011 Sonata Kits. And.... your web site does not come up at all.

I am looking forward to seeing them. Let us know when they are up on line.

P.S. Check out the Edmunds 2011 Sonata forum a user MOONTRAIN posted pix of a kit on his Limited with a Camel interior. Looks very good... not sure whose kit it is.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We just sent new shadow sheets to the distributors. They'll be up as soon as they update.

I apologize about our website.
It is not working properly, but If you keep refresh, it will show eventually.
I know it shouldn't be like that and we are working on it.

MOONTRAIN's photos look like our CN (Lavishwood). I can't tell who made the kit from the photos since it covers the same area ;)

Here is another distributor.
http://www.wooddash.com/category/HYUNDAI_Dash_Kits_SONATA

They don't have the latest one updated but shows the 2011 Sonata.
If you call/email any of them and ask, I am sure they will get the quote from the system, and it probably will speed up their process on the website updating also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
been waiting a couple of weeks to see pics and prices. hopefully one of the sites will eventually update their page. cant wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a few questions. Besides the difference in the number of pieces, what exactly are the differences between the following kits?

http://www.wooddash.com/item/HYUNDAI_Dash_..._SONATA_2011_UP

AND

http://www.wooddash.com/item/HYUNDAI_Dash_...ONATA_2011_UP_3

Specifically;

1. What is the difference between a 2D Kit and Moulded kit?
2. Why are the two kits above so different in price, with the more peices being less expensive?
3. What is a cover-up kit?
4. Is it possible to get a close-up picture of a dash-piece installed? That is, to get a picture of a side profile of the new dash-piece laying on the old factor dash piece? I'd like to see if it looks simply like an add-on or somewhat integrated/how thick it is.

Thank you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
****, pictures aren't showing up above.

QUOTE (pahn488 @ May 10 2010, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321540
I have a few questions. Besides the difference in the number of pieces, what exactly are the differences between the following kits?

http://www.wooddash.com/item/HYUNDAI_Dash_..._SONATA_2011_UP

AND

http://www.wooddash.com/item/HYUNDAI_Dash_...ONATA_2011_UP_3

Specifically;

1. What is the difference between a 2D Kit and Moulded kit?
2. Why are the two kits above so different in price, with the more peices being less expensive?
3. What is a cover-up kit?
4. Is it possible to get a close-up picture of a dash-piece installed? That is, to get a picture of a side profile of the new dash-piece laying on the old factor dash piece? I'd like to see if it looks simply like an add-on or somewhat integrated/how thick it is.

Thank you.
Those are old schematics, we changed everything but to answer your questions,

1. 2D, all the pieces are flat, just like wood veneer or carbon fiber sheet.
3D Moulded kits are formed containing the exact curvature of the dash surface.
Like this

2. Difference price because the size. The expensive one includes the door panel pieces. If you calculate by sq-in, the area is much bigger than the other. So it uses more material even though it has less pieces.

3. Cover up kit usually just covers factory wood area. If the owner doesn't like the wood came with the car, it covers them up.

4.I'll see what I can find tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can I order one directly from you guys or do I have to go through a distributor? Any chance of a group buy or similar discount for us really cool forum folks? :grin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
New kits are up on wooddash.com (just an FYI). I ordered mine this morning in Charcoal Cherry (complete kit + door panels). Am I the first? :bigemo_harabe_net-03:

·
Registered
722 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 13 2010, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322583
New kits are up on wooddash.com (just an FYI). I ordered mine this morning in Charcoal Cherry (complete kit + door panels). Am I the first? :bigemo_harabe_net-03:
You putting it in yourself ?? Just curious....

Also pics would be nice if possible..... I still can't select a color...... and to get what I want I will have to buy two kits..

Still on the straddling the line as to what to do...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I went with 2 kits too but in lavishwood instead. Will try the insall myself, the only part that worries me is the cubby door that is curved. The rest is pretty much flat so should go on pretty easy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ May 13 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322633
You putting it in yourself ?? Just curious....

Also pics would be nice if possible..... I still can't select a color...... and to get what I want I will have to buy two kits..

Still on the straddling the line as to what to do...
I'm going to attempt it myself, and I'll post pics when I'm done. It's kind of a long lead time for delivery according to the email I got. :crying:

QUOTE (Souks @ May 13 2010, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322658
I went with 2 kits too but in lavishwood instead. Will try the insall myself, the only part that worries me is the cubby door that is curved. The rest is pretty much flat so should go on pretty easy.
I'm assuming you have black interior? I would have went the brighter red direction too if mine was black (lavishwood or one of the burls). The charcoal cherry just looked like a perfect match to the dark gray interior though. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm not sure what the color really is. It is more of a dark grey to me but Hyundai calls it black leather and interior. It's a harbour grey exterior. I was originally thinking charcoal cherry too but my friend has a 03 sonata and the interior is sort of the same color as mine and she's got wood grain from the factory that looks a lot like lavishwood so thats what caused me to go that way.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have all black interior.

I am leaning toward honey burl but would like to see what it actually looks like next to the black....

Any other suggestions on what color looks good with the black ??

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ May 14 2010, 09:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322802
I have all black interior.

I am leaning toward honey burl but would like to see what it actually looks like next to the black....

Any other suggestions on what color looks good with the black ??
Personally I think that Gray or Black interiors will look best with Cherry or Red toned walnut/burl.
Here is an example of a Lexus GS:

[attachment=17956:gs_black.jpg]

I think that Camel or Parchment interiors often look best with a slightly lighter toned wood, like this:

[attachment=17957:gs_ivory.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone.
For the most parts, installation is very easy.
One part that requires the most attention is the CD storage door underneath the climate control.

It is like a surface of a ball, curvy from both top/bottom and side to side.

I recommend heating it up a bit with a hair dryer before the install.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Can't wait to see your pics! :banana:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a question for EL'ation on the Sherwood dash kits. Kit #4136 fits all Limited models. However kit#4134, the upper door panels, does not fit the "Woodgrain" interior on Limiteds with Camel leather.

My question is why does one kit fit all Limited interiors, but the other doesn't? It seems to me that the "Woodgrain" trim around the air vents presents the same challenges as the trim on the doors.

My goal is to cover up all the "Woodgrain" trim on my car.

I appreciate your making all of us aware that my goal can be met by a customer oriented company producing a quality product!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts