Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving with 600 Kg trailer . In all modes @120km/h on highway . Gear shifts down to 4th gear and rpm going up to 4000+ rpm.
Fuel consumption extremely high. When i manually shift up to 6th gear, rpm going down to 2000 rpm but after 5 seconds computer shifts down again to 4th gear.
I tought with this power i could tow medium light trailer with ease. This is not the case. What could be wrong here?
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
550 Posts
Put it into Sport mode, in Sport mode when you shift gears it will stay there. You can then go back to Comfort or Smart mode when you are done. Comfort and Sport modes will cause the transmission to revert back to Drive if you are not actively changing gears every 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put it into Sport mode, in Sport mode when you shift gears it will stay there. You can then go back to Comfort or Smart mode when you are done. Comfort and Sport modes will cause the transmission to revert back to Drive if you are not actively changing gears every 10-15 seconds.
Thank you sir. This sports mode might be the solution. I will try this asap.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thank you sir. This sports mode might be the solution. I will try this asap.
Sir? You mean my father right? LOL ;)

I'm over 60 but play with toys like I'm 30!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I talked to the dealer about this issue but they could not help me
Then they don't know what they are selling, go to another dealership for service.

Sport mode overrides the auto-switch into Drive mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts