Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Call me cynical, but I wonder what this model will suffer from. We've had the clutch/gearbox in the first incarnation, the Rev/Stalling issue in the facelift.

I'm in the market for a replacement car, however, I will await until this model has been on the road for 6 months to see what its 'achilles heel' is before I commit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The new car is based on the company’s BA platform. This New Generation i10 offers extremely high levels of comfort and safety equipment with many features more common to higher segments. The Korean auto giant plans to manufacture this car at its factory in Ízmit, Turkey, and in doing so, will become Hyundai’s first A-segment car to be produced in Europe.

·
Registered
544 Posts
amitrajput writes, with a degree of optmism …….

The new car is based on the company’s BA platform. This New Generation i10 offers extremely high levels of comfort and safety equipment with many features more common to higher segments. The Korean auto giant plans to manufacture this car at its factory in Ízmit, Turkey, and in doing so, will become Hyundai’s first A-segment car to be produced in Europe.

and Biscuit writes from experience and with a degree of realism…….

Call me cynical, but I wonder what this model will suffer from. We've had the clutch/gearbox in the first incarnation, the Rev/Stalling issue in the facelift.
I'm in the market for a replacement car, however, I will await until this model has been on the road for 6 months to see what its 'achilles heel' is before I commit.

And thus we hope that the new version won’t see the debacle of transmission failures which Hyundai initially denied and subsequently dragged their heels over, headlamp adjusters that took years to rectify, stalling issues that are still current by the sound of it….and quite a few, fairly significant, problems that plagued the model and which some owners have had to fight to get resolved.

One might forgive the car for having snags or minor quality issues as it was cheaper than some/most of it’s opposition but there will be plenty competition to look at if the price rises (as it inevitably must) – and – some of it from manufacturers like Toyota who have a good reputation for administering their warranties as well as appearing in top ten reliability surveys for years and years (if you happen to take notice of such a thing….some do and some don’t but you have to admit they’re never at the bottom of customer satisfaction surveys)…..and who offer a comprehensive and genuine 5 year warranty and whose dealers are generally well regarded from what I read (and from personal experience of owning half a dozen Toyotas myself). I see that I can buy a UK supplied, manual, petrol 1.3 litre Yaris, in TR spec (next one down from the more sporty SR and more luxurious T Spirit)……for £10,204 delivered to my door and with the 5 year warranty. And, speaking personally, I suspect I know where I’ll be looking for my next car.

You might say – “he’s banging on about them again…give it a rest”…….but when I’ve had the grief that their national “Customer Service Department” handed out to me with both of my i10’s. I’m not going to forget it in a hurry. I don’t take kindly to receiving the dismissive kind of treatment that their Head Office tossed at me. You see their CEO appearing in interviews extolling the virtues of the brand but you never get the chance to take issue with him when it all goes pear shaped….no, it’s passed way down the chain of command to people whose job it is to dismiss you as a nuisance and tell you it’s “in your imagination sir” or “it’s a characteristic of the car sir” or “it’s normal for that to happen sir” or, “you shouldn’t really have bought an i10 if you wanted to use it on motorway sir”.

Enough. Rant over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts