Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson the problem I have is all four electric windows don't work I've tried stripping door panel off but all wires seem ok also checked fuses and they all seem ok any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Checked fuses ???? How we determine they was good ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson the problem I have is all four electric windows don't work I've tried stripping door panel off but all wires seem ok also checked fuses and they all seem ok any help would be great thanks.

before you buy one check out this you tube link on cleaning dirty contacts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys thanks for your reply I had my tester 2 check every fuse they all illuminated so guess they r all ok, u say the master switch would that stop them all from working? Sorry for sounding simple but I'm guessing the master switch is the part with the buttons on?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Not much help here either, just looked at my shop manual for my 2017 Elantra Limited, made me wish I had manual windows. Only thing that is common to all four is the main power relay, only works when the ignition is on. BCM, CAN,power window module, 2005 should not be as bad, could check alldata.com, with a coupon on the web, can get a decent set of circuit diagram for around 13 bucks per year.

Ha, one reason I like a coupe, only two windows to worry about, did have problems with my 88 Supra, could pop out the switches, little corrosion after 28 years, took each apart and cleaned the contacts, back in business again. uses DPDT switches that break the circuit and reverse the polarity so if the passenger is trying to lower the window while you are trying to close it, doesn't burn anything out.

Probably don't remember if you are as old as I am when zero wires went to the doors, problem free, on some vehicles, while the door to body wires looked good, they were broken on the inside, do a pull test at first. This can be a major job, but used neoprene 16AWG test lead wire between the door and the body,so this would never happen again, hard on the knees. Use cheap plastic plastic insulation that get very brittle with age and really hard in cold weather. Your vehicle is 12 years old, just about right.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Hi guys thanks for your reply I had my tester 2 check every fuse they all illuminated so guess they r all ok, u say the master switch would that stop them all from working? Sorry for sounding simple but I'm guessing the master switch is the part with the buttons on?
Power window diagrams attached, hope this will help to locate the problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to fix my 2005 tucson gls 4wd by replacing the interior fuse box under the dash. Just like the other person on this forum mentioned, the Power Window relay is soldered into the fuse box so you need to replace the entire thing. I ordered the fuse box from Ebay and got it replaced. It's a little tight but you should be able to DIY by removing the tight screws and swapping the fuse box under your driver side dashboard.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you replace both that you have arrows pointing to or just the one nearest the steering column. Great helpful discussion thread for preparedness. We've an 'o5 model bought new. Rarely any issues even at 200,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts