Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Hyundai Sonata GLS has all the dashboard lights come on. Check engine, traction control, airbag, tire pressure, everything turns on. RPM and MPH gauges goes to zero. Gear indicator goes blank. The cars power seems to stutter and I have trouble accelerating and shifting gears with the transmission. Tried to hook up to a OBDII scanner and got an error saying unable to connect. Anyone experience this issue on their vehicle? Would rather not take it to dealer as I’m out of the warranty. Any ideas? Attached an image of the issue. Couldn’t post the video as the file size is too large.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,705 Posts
My guess is something is preventing messages from being exchanged between the various control modules connected to the car's CAN BUS. Unfortunately that's not really something you can diagnose DIY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found this forum because my 2014 SE just did this last week. It's at the mechanic now so I was wondering what ended up solving the issue for you?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,705 Posts
I just found this forum because my 2014 SE just did this last week. It's at the mechanic now so I was wondering what ended up solving the issue for you?
What engine is the car fitted with? 2.0 Turbo by any chance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our 2011 Sonata did something similar and it needed a new battery. I always thought new battery symptom was no crank, but with this car, it lit up and flashed all kinds of lights on the dashboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What engine is the car fitted with? 2.0 Turbo by any chance?
It is not. It's a NA SE so 2.4L.
I should mention that it sounds similar to the original poster but I'm not sure he had all the same circumstances. Basically, my car:

CEL - On
ABS - On
Steering Assist - On
TCS - On
Airbag - On
Brake - On
Tach - Reading zero
Temperature Guage - Blank
Transmission Indicator - Blank

The car will start up without issue (unlikely battery). It won't leave park unless you do the override under the cover in the console. Car drives fine except won't upshift and feels like a "limp mode"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our 2011 Sonata did something similar and it needed a new battery. I always thought new battery symptom was no crank, but with this car, it lit up and flashed all kinds of lights on the dashboard.
Did your car actually start even with the bad battery? Mine starts without issue.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It is not. It's a NA SE so 2.4L.
I should mention that it sounds similar to the original poster but I'm not sure he had all the same circumstances. Basically, my car:

CEL - On
ABS - On
Steering Assist - On
TCS - On
Airbag - On
Brake - On
Tach - Reading zero
Temperature Guage - Blank
Transmission Indicator - Blank

The car will start up without issue (unlikely battery). It won't leave park unless you do the override under the cover in the console. Car drives fine except won't upshift and feels like a "limp mode"
I thought I remembered seeing that the typical "limp mode" for the 953 update was nothing over 2000 RPM, but that shouldn't prevent shifting? I assume you have the Shiftronic, have you tried shifting manually?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing that the typical "limp mode" for the 953 update was nothing over 2000 RPM, but that shouldn't prevent shifting? I assume you have the Shiftronic, have you tried shifting manually?
I did try to manually shift but it wouldn't upshift.
In my reading about the U0100 errors, it seems to point towards something (a sensor or module) that has an open loop (positive or negative) that causes an issue on the CAN BUS. My curiosity about the original poster is whether he couldn't shift the car, because that (to me) would point towards a transmission module potentially causing the CAN BUS issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
u have a can bus line problems, some of the ecu is not communicate, like when u shift using shifter, it will sent a code to ecu telling them u already shift, but not they are not talking. i suspect u have a damage wiring or module somewhere, did the car involve any accident ?>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts