Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello peeps.. im just new in this forum.. im going to have my own getz pretty soon :banana: .. please tell me something about it's performance.. thanks.

all i know, is, it looks nice.. :innocent:

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be honest i have had nothing but problems since i got my getz. my old excel which is 10years older than the getz i got is more reliable and has no problems at all!
I suggest look very carefully at the getz you choose or go brand new if you can. And make sure you get a warranty on it! yes, they say they are fuel efficiant little reliable cars. But after my experience of not even having my car 2 weeks. The alarm has constantly gone off, no water is coming out of the wipers (and this has been checked and it is all connected and has stopped again) and now recently my car willnot start it takes about 5/6 times before it wants to start.

So as i said , look very carefully at your purchase or buy brand new if you can and make sure you have a warranty (hyundai give 5 year warranty anyhow)

Good luck!

P.S. my friend who has a manual getz can get about 600km out of a tank
my auto can get roughly in between 450-470km out of a tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually I've had very little problem with my 1.1 Getz. I bought it second hand, and it was 4 years old when I bought it. Approaching 5 now. Only thing that has been a problem when I have had it was that shortly after buying it I had to have the clutch changed as it was slipping. Other than that it's been a perfect little run around and I love it. Slow on acceleration mind you, noticed a few angry impatient people in my rear view mirror but ah well. Good little car, very spacious, I actually managed to fit 5 people comfortably and there's a nice amount of boot space :) Very fuel efficient too ! On paper it's supposed to do about 51, I think I manage about 45 at most though!

good luck with getting your own :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (getz_em @ Jun 28 2010, 03:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336676
To be honest i have had nothing but problems since i got my getz. my old excel which is 10years older than the getz i got is more reliable and has no problems at all!
I suggest look very carefully at the getz you choose or go brand new if you can. And make sure you get a warranty on it! yes, they say they are fuel efficiant little reliable cars. But after my experience of not even having my car 2 weeks. The alarm has constantly gone off, no water is coming out of the wipers (and this has been checked and it is all connected and has stopped again) and now recently my car willnot start it takes about 5/6 times before it wants to start.

So as i said , look very carefully at your purchase or buy brand new if you can and make sure you have a warranty (hyundai give 5 year warranty anyhow)

Good luck!

P.S. my friend who has a manual getz can get about 600km out of a tank
my auto can get roughly in between 450-470km out of a tank.

So you had a faulty/deteriorated/missing bonnet switch grommet which was triggering the alarm (a $5 item), and no water coming through your wipers (which meant you put contaminated water in your reservoir or were too slack to check the filter). Wow, that's a massive reason to complain about the model...that's a dream-run for ANY manufacturer! Check anything else regularly???

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (circusdept @ Aug 27 2010, 12:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352299
So you had a faulty/deteriorated/missing bonnet switch grommet which was triggering the alarm (a $5 item), and no water coming through your wipers (which meant you put contaminated water in your reservoir or were too slack to check the filter). Wow, that's a massive reason to complain about the model...that's a dream-run for ANY manufacturer! Check anything else regularly???

actually, when the car had to go back in for a week and a half because it would not start - that is what **** me off the most. Then i finally got it back , 3 days later it started doing the same thing. So i took it to another hyundai - they fixed it up and now its doing in again. I dont expect to pay $13,000 for a car for there to be problem with it , especially not startin and you could be stuck somewhere for ages.

Besides the not starting i have no other problems wit this car now , smartass .

P.s. No it was not contaminated water

·
1,462 Posts
I've has my Getz for 2 and a half years. Bought it new on Jan 2008. Its a 3dr 1.6 liter "sport" version. The only "sport" thing about it is that comes with 15" rims and low profile tires (which I've had to replace due to potholes) and a metallic finish on center fascia dashboard and door handles.

So far, I ma very happy with it. Untill today, I've had only two minor problems with it which are related to squeaks (driver's door handle where power window swithches are located, which when I slightly pushed with my left knee, made an annoying squeaking sound. Fixed by removing part, applying thing layer of black silicone rtv and put back together. Squaking gone for good). Second problem is that I've been noticing that the center dashpanel fascia is coming loose towards the lower part. I checked and the retaining clips are ok, but apparently, not strong enough to keep the fascia in place. I am planning to remove it and figure out how to solve this for good.

Besides those to minor problems, my Getz is fun to drive. Fast and responsive and it gets pretty good milage (with AC off). Not very good for cornering at fast driving, but that is understandable since the whole thing is very short (wheelbase). Braking is very good and handling is great. I do know rear seats are not very confortable (I am over 1.93 mts. tall) but anyway, when I bought it I never thought I would ever had to ride the rear seats, so I don't care.

Robert B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts