Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I’m 60 days into my 2011 Hyundai Sonata limited that I purchased from a private dealer (yeah I knew the risks).

Car was slightly drifting to left or would pull to right so I took it in for an alignment to a Mr. Tire cause Hyundai wanted $130 as opposed to $89 for the shop across the street from my job that I’ve done business with previously.

Took the car in, picked it up and when driving home I immediately noticed the same thing issue. Called them the next day to bring the car back for them to tell me the machine showed everything was aligned which basically meant they never actually drove the vehicle (probably around the parking lot) to check if it was straight.

I left it cause I was going to get it serviced by Hyundai to prove they were wrong. Luckily Hyundai was doing their alignments for $89 so I went there. Hour and a half later they told me the bolts were tough to remove but that the alignment was off with nothing else of concern. Great, had what I needed to get my money back from Mr. Tire and only needed a B&R for everything to be gravy.

8am Next day I took the car to Discount Tire to get the tires balanced and rotated but hello, one of the wheels were warped...Beautiful. Of course now the car is completely pulling to the right when driving after the balance & rotation so I needed to find a replacement wheel. $420 from Hyundai, sheeet. I was lucky enough ONE guy was selling a full set of the 18x7.5 OEM wheels off of a 2012 Sonata for $200 on Letgo. I Offered $150, he gave them to me for $130 cause he showed up 15 minutes late at the discount tire while I was on my lunch break. Wheels were just about perfect, what a blessing. Left the car, took a Lyft back to work and back to the car at 8pm. Hopped in, drove off, STILL PULLING. Not just pulling I mean a good pull to a run off the road in seconds pull.

Now I have another appointment set with Hyundai to get the car realigned to then take it back to discount tires for another rotation and balance and hopefully resolve this while waiting 2-3 weeks for my refund from Mr. Tire cause “Corporate” has to approve of course.

Pray for me.

Sorry, for the long write out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Someone was very mean to your little car in it's previous life. Alignment definitely not a concern on these. Had mine checked after 60k and it was .5 deg off in the front on toe. Everything else was at factory spec. Good luck. Hopefully you get to enjoy it for a while after all that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried rotating your tires? Sometimes a bad tire will cause a pull. Unusual tire wear may not show immediately.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I agree with Mike's comment. Even if the tyres look the same and both have the correct pressure a rotation is wise and may cure a problem I would have put the bent wheel on the back first because there they have no influence on steering.

·
Registered
666 Posts
As stated, best thing you can do is switch front tires side to side. Have gone through this process in the past as tires do come with defects, but just recently had problems with the new General Altimax tires. After tire installation car perfect, but with the first tire rotation, the car pulled left, switched front tires and the car pulled right. Took the tire and placed it on the rear, car back to normal.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
How do you not see or feel a warped wheel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts