Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am having my a4af3 tranny rebuilt. They lowered the sub frame and are hanging it by the lower right strut connection. Is that common practice or should I say something? Also will I need an alignment seeing they disconnected the lower left strut assembly to remove and hang sub frame so they could drop the transmission?

Thank You for the info.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sometimes when frame put back onto chassis, it not directly in same position as it was orignal before removal.. bolt it back up, and drive,, if steering wheel straight, carry on.

If it bother you, align the car anyway, only thing to happen is you know where the wheels is pointing and how much via the print out when done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but i dont get it. When u replace struts u need to check ur alignment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well haven't gotten car back yet .Was to be today now Monday because they had to order a new part, SAY WHAT. Oh well

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still haven't gotten car back yet. Today it's now the wrong torque converter, one of three that can be used for an 02 accent. Is this true ,the one of three or is this b/s?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Well I can almost be positive after reading the topic slowly that the work not being done at a Hyundai dealer, as we not allowed to do internal work..

I dont know what the estimated cost is for this repair you doing, but Hyundai offer complete Re-Man trans for approx $1600 (trans and converter in container), add 5 ATF and a can of cooler flush (Hyundai rules) and 7-8hr labor charge maybe..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got car back 2 days ago. So far it seems to run good. Gotta go back in two weeks for a drain, filter and refill and ck for leaks. OTD with 10 hrs labor, they say a full rebuild,and check up was $2000. IN hot and humid az. Thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts