Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my I10 (comfort) for just over a week and I am really enjoying driving it. I wanted to find out if it has an audblie alarm if you leave the lights on after taking the key out? The brochure doesnt really help. I left the lights on one morning last week and the alarm did not go off when I took the key out. Luckily I remembered they were on and turned them off. I would be surprised if it does not as it has a lot of features for a small car.

Thanks

Krazza

·
Registered
44 Posts
It doesn't have an alarm as such but what is called a battery saver, what this does is if you leave your lights on when you actually lock the car the lights go off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a time after which the lights go out as I just tried this and the lights stayed on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
QUOTE (krazza @ Jul 24 2010, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344387
Is there a time after which the lights go out as I just tried this and the lights stayed on.
The i10 Classic model has an audible warning chime , the Comfort and Style models have ' battery saver mode' which turn the lights off on removal of the key.
Hope this is of some help,but it sounds like your i10 probably has a fault.
Jez.

·
Registered
121 Posts
as above with the battery saver but i thought it turned them off when the drivers door was opened, may be wrong though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried this again after turning the engine off and it worked.

Thanks for your help!

Kerry

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 2008 i10 comfort and have had a flat battery before because of leaving lights on.
If I leave the main lights on then they get turned off when I turn the ignition off but the side lights remain on even after locking the car !

If I've had the rear fog lights on and leave them on then there is an audible alarm !!

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts