Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

• I bought my car from the dealership new in 2006.
  • I did not know that there was an alarm nor has it ever gone off before in the 7 years that I've owed it.
  • Three years ago I had an autostart put in.
  • No longer have original remotes
Problem:

Today I used my remote to unlock my car doors. When I opened the back door an alarm started to go off on my car and the headlights were flashing (no horn honking).

• I tried using the key to unlock in the door and in the engition to make the alarm stop.
  • I unhooked the battery and as soon as I hook it back up the alarm continues.
  • Called the autostart company and they told me the autostart didn't come with an alarm.
  • I called the dealership and they said if it was a factory alarm that it would honk and not make alarm noises.
  • Found my original window sticker says "keyless remote entry w/ alarm"
Other than having my car towed to the dealership, how can I make this alarm stop?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Normally if you lock door with factory remote arms system; head lights flash twice and factory system armed. Lock doors with button on drivers door and system is not armed. Only way to unarm is with factory remote.

If the hood switch is not made, either hood open or rubber nob on hood switch missing and I believe system won't arm itself. Cycling key in door switch twice might reset factory system; then unhook hood switch so it can't arm itself. Ghosts in the machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
santa06 - I threw out the factory remotes. I haven't used them in years because I got new ones when I had the autostart put in.

I'm just amazed that for 7 years this alarm has never gone off once and now I cannot stop it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Background:

• I bought my car from the dealership new in 2006.
  • I did not know that there was an alarm nor has it ever gone off before in the 7 years that I've owed it.
  • Three years ago I had an autostart put in.
  • No longer have original remotes
Problem:

Today I used my remote to unlock my car doors. When I opened the back door an alarm started to go off on my car and the headlights were flashing (no horn honking).

• I tried using the key to unlock in the door and in the engition to make the alarm stop.
  • I unhooked the battery and as soon as I hook it back up the alarm continues.
  • Called the autostart company and they told me the autostart didn't come with an alarm.
  • I called the dealership and they said if it was a factory alarm that it would honk and not make alarm noises.
  • Found my original window sticker says "keyless remote entry w/ alarm"
Other than having my car towed to the dealership, how can I make this alarm stop?
Put the key in the ignition and turn all the way forward ( not starting it though ) and allow alarm to cycle 2 times. After the alarm stops after the 2nd cycle you should be able to start car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is how I fixed it.

With the battery unplugged, I unlocked the door with the key. I put key in ignition and turned it to run then plugged battery back in. Alarm started going off. When the alarm stopped, I turned the key and my car started.

Still no idea why it went off in the first place...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put the key in the ignition and turn all the way forward ( not starting it though ) and allow alarm to cycle 2 times. After the alarm stops after the 2nd cycle you should be able to start car
Thanks, just posted that I tried that. Took two hours of searching old posts to find it.

I appreciate your help though!

G

·
Carmine is correct that if you allow the alarm to cycle twice with the key in the "on" position, the car will start with the regular key and no remote after the alarm stops.

At this point to semi-permanently disable only the Anti-theft mode simply ground the hood switch. When the hood is open the little switch on the passenger side at the fender sends a ground signal to the Anti-theft module. Just wrap a wire around the metal part under the switch or anywhere in that circuit and put it to the nearest ground. The anti-theft system will not arm as long as it sees a "hood open" signal. Grounding this wire will give it that signal even when the hood is closed. All other functions on the remote will work. To re-enable anti-theft system, simply snip the ground wire you put in and it will go back to working as normal.

To PERMANANTLY disable Anti-theft system find the ETACM (anti-theft) module under the console. Find the 2 row 12 cavity connector M25-3. Snip #12 Blue/Org wire, #9 Green/org wire, and #8 Green wires. This will remove the module's ability to disable the starter, flash the lights and sound the siren by removing its control over the alarm relay, the hazard relay, and siren. Hazards, regular horn, and door locks will work but not the anti-theft. If you do this be aware that the siren will not sound when panic button on remote is pressed.
- ASE certified Automotive Diagnostic Tech. 40 years experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This works!

My son lost his key and fob. I found other instructions to disable the alarm, but they didn't work. This worked like a charm the first time! Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts