Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I recently installed an alarm on my dad's 2001 3-door Accent 1.3 SOHC. Everything is ok, except one thing: I cannot find a wire near the driver's kick panel which shows ground when the tailgate is open and the trunk light is on.

As far as I can tell from the hmaservice.com electric diagram of the 1.5 sohc, there is a green/orange wire which comes from the trunk light to the instrument panel, obviously for the open-trunk indicator light. But these are manuals for the US versions if I am not mistaken, our car is European version so differences are possible. There is no open-trunk indicator on our instrument panel. There is a green/orange wire which comes from the rear and passes through the kick panel with the rest of the cables though. Problem is that it shows ground whether the trunk is closed or not. Note that the trunk light and trunk switch is working just fine.

I also tried all the wires of the bunch that comes from the rear if any follows the trunk switch's position but there was no success.

Any ideas?

If I end up passing a new wire from the trunk to the kick panel, how can I remove the rear passenger's trim on a 3-door Accent? I tried removing it but I failed and the online manual is not so helpful on this. I removed the screw and plastic fasteners on the upper area but I could not remove the rear seat (I pulled the levers on the front of the seat and lift it up a bit but I couldnt release the rear part of the seat) to release the trim on the lower area.

Any help would be appreciated, apologies for my bad English

Yiannis

·
Registered
669 Posts
Pic below shows the trick to removing seat bottom.

If your model has the trunk illumination light, then there is a live feed just for that bulb. If the trunk light is not necessary, you might disconnect that live feed and use the wire.

Attached diagram shows one version of the trunk light wiring. You can't rely on the colour codes nor the connector numbers as they changed often.

But maybe this provides an idea to work with.

Jim

P.S. Your English is quite good!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts