Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening to me several times. I lock the car (tried 2 diff ways both door button and using the remote) and 5 min after I walk away the alarm goes off. Today it happened 2x. I even tried not inserting the remote in my pocket to eliminate a coin from touching against it. Sure enough it went off. Can the sensitivity be adjusted or is there a simple explanation.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Is your hood/ trunk closed? I'd also wonder if interference of some type with the remote is coming into play? Or maybe your car just hates to see you leave and is crying?

Funny thing happened to me, I drove my Sonata for 3 days not being able to lock it. Problem was my salesperson had placed my spare remote/key in the glove box which deactivated the locking mechanism.... neat feature made me almost take the car back.

When we bought our 2007 Infiniti G35 we had LOTS of intelligent key issues if we had a cell phone in our pocket or near the remote. They eventually recalled the remotes and they were replaced with new ones that fixed the problem.

Ray

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Go to dealer, and get the new thicker rubber bumper for the hood that push the hood switch.. dealer should have a bag full of them..

DESCRIPTION:
The vehicle alarm system may intermittently sound due to light contact of the hood switch pad with the hood switch.
This bulletin provides instructions to replace the hood switch pad with a revised part.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES:

Model: Genesis (BH), Genesis Coupe (BK), Tiburon (GK), Sonata (NF), Tucson (JM), Entourage (EP), and Elantra (HD)

Applicable Vehicle Production Date Range: ALL

New number ---> 92736-3A000

·
Registered
30 Posts
It also could be that one of your door switches is broken/going bad. An alarm will sound if the pin switches are not engaged correctly making the alarm think that one of your doors/trunk/hood is open. You can test out the door's pin switches easily by setting your interior lights to turn on when a door is open. Open a door, find the little stopper that is pressed when your door closes and then keep pressing and releasing it to see if the light turns off when you do.

You can do it to each pin switch to find out which one is not working correctly. Hope that helps you find out which one is the problem. If they all work then dealer will have to find out the problem for you most likely. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (thaichi23 @ Oct 25 2010, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366217
It also could be that one of your door switches is broken/going bad. An alarm will sound if the pin switches are not engaged correctly making the alarm think that one of your doors/trunk/hood is open. You can test out the door's pin switches easily by setting your interior lights to turn on when a door is open. Open a door, find the little stopper that is pressed when your door closes and then keep pressing and releasing it to see if the light turns off when you do.

You can do it to each pin switch to find out which one is not working correctly. Hope that helps you find out which one is the problem. If they all work then dealer will have to find out the problem for you most likely. Hope that helps.

Easier yet to just lock car with remote... then fart with the hood.. we did it at school and made it start making noise.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday I checked the hood switch by pressing it several times. It hasn't happened since. I'm going to the Dealer and get that mod kit which replaces the hood button activator.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 25 2010, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366243
Easier yet to just lock car with remote... then fart with the hood.. we did it at school and made it start making noise.
I don't get it...is that a joke? haha. If you meant farting on the hood to make it give a warning then i gotcha but that has to do with the shock sensor and not the pin switches.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think he meant manipulate ("fart with") the hood to make the alarm sound.

I thought that the hood sensor might be the culprit. I had the battery discharge on my 07 Accent and when I raised the hood to boost it, connected cables then I nearly crapped my pants when the horn started blowing.....I remembered to hold the pin in after that.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts