Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out the blue i have been experienceng alarm issues with my coupe.

Yesterday my key fob seem to have lost its code, so i opened the car manually with the key. The alarm went off, i put the key in the ignition, turned it, the alarm still continued but the car failsed to start. It was as if the battery was flat.

I called RAC, they put battery on a charger and it started instantly, they also confirmed there are no issues with the battery, altenator etc. They also checked the battery in the fob, it was giving off a high signal and the led flashed when buttons were pressed.

We left it here, the car would start though i had to use the key manually to open and close as they fob still failed to work.

I got a spare fob at home, checked it when i got back and it opened and locked fine, the car also started with no problems.

Drove to work, stopped for petrol everything was fine.

Went out for lunch and though, out of interest i will try opening the car with the key, again the alarm went off, car failed to start just like yesterday.

On this occasion the spare fob was still working so i shut the door, locked the car with the fob and unlocked it with the fob put the key in ignition and it started no problems.

Basically if i open the car with the key, alarm goes off and it doesnt start

If i open with the fob everything is fine

Any ideas??

Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (yaff @ Jul 14 2010, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341587
Basically if i open the car with the key, alarm goes off and it doesnt start

If i open with the fob everything is fine

Any ideas??

Sorry for the long post
Shove the key in the other door, if it works as suspected, the switch on the tail of the key cylinder is BUM...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts