Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night I was awoken with the SF theft/panic alarm going. Nothing around to trigger it. I ran and got the keys an it stopped after pressing the locck button. Now that temp have hit much warmer temp more in line with spring. 15 -17C where as before its been below 10C all spring. So yes warmer weather had brought an unusual problem. I did check earlier today and all the doors were lock. Ok, the sun was shining and breeze blowing a fair bit while I was watching the evening new. The horn started going again on its own. I the sun triggering it or a flaky switch somewhere. I seem to recall there is one for the hood lock but never see it before.

I don't believe there is a ghost in the SF. Its hard it know what is specifically triggering it. The hood is the biggest unknown.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you clean up the ground between the negative battery cable and driver's side fender well? Turns out an aluminum block connects to a painted fender well with 2 small screws. I had your same problem of the alarm going off especially after a rain storm. Also my outside temp display stopped working. No problem since cleaning up the ground connection.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connection hidden behind the power distribution box. NO

I did have a look at it through the gap Saturday after doing an oil change. I couldn't see any change in appearance from other years. I don't understand how it triggers the alarm. Never the less I have isolated the hood switch. Its extremely difficult to get at and its now out of the circuit when locking the doors. I get the horn beep when I push the lock button twice which I was not getting every time a few days ago. Hence something was deemed not to be locked. All doors were including the back hatch. The hoo was the only one I wasn't able to verify.

I am not keen on moving the main PS box. I see bolt heads going down through it likely what holds it in place. But I think Murphy is hiding in the bushes nearby. Something will go wrong.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Disregard,, not applicable to CM chassis

verify hood switch plug in (think it part of hood latch),,, and that hood fully secure..

Can test by arming system, then fiddle with apply pressure around about hood to see it take off making noise

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hood was secure and I had opened and closed it a few times before the second time it went off in the evening. Its was quiet now last night without incident since I isolated the switch out of the circuit.

The hood was not use much over the very cold winter and spring which was a continuation of winter with freezing temp and ice strorm. This week is the first days where were breaking out of the single digits during the day and not below freezing or at it overnight.

Thanks for getting back on that SBR...I was going to look into that number all be unclear. So long as the doors lock and alarm doesn't go off I am ok with it as it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts