Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been having an issue here & there with I guess my alarm/door switch. Every so often when I get out of the car and put the alarm on, the lights won't flash and no sound. I look inside and it's as if one of my doors are open. And the door open light stays on, once I put the key in everything is fine. It just happened again so I decided to disconnect negative battery cable, and it went back to normal. I recently installed some led door lights perfectly per instructions. But this was happening prior to that. Any thoughts?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Likely a stuck door switch. If its just you in the car when it happens its probably drivers side. Sometimes these things just need a squirt of silicone spray.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Check the hood switch and make sure the rubber stopper (on the hood itself) that depresses it isn't missing or misaligned.

·
22,788 Posts
I sure cant add anything to that. Trunk has been the culprit before. I forgot to secure my hood, once. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out until I remembered I had planned to open it to clean under the hood. Got as far as pulling the release lever and became distracted. Two hours later at a shopping center it dawned on me. Felt like an idiot.

Silicone spray by Liquid Wrench at Wally World, Home Depot, etc. works great. Aerosol can with one of those red applicator nozzles similar to WD-40. Also works well if applied to a soft cloth to wipe your door, trunk, and hood rubber seals. Keeps them pliable. No cracking or deterioration. I usually apply it about Spring and again in the Fall.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup... Hood switch. Rubber stopper is all messed up. Taking it in now for oil change, so ill pick up a new one while im there. Thanks a million guys! I knew one of you cool dudes would help me out.

·
22,788 Posts
Yup... Hood switch. Rubber stopper is all messed up. Taking it in now for oil change, so ill pick up a new one while im there. Thanks a million guys! I knew one of you cool dudes would help me out.
"Cool dudes," is a term usually reserved for "survivors of the 60's." ;) Glad you discovered the root cause! Happy motoring, sir...

·
Registered
156 Posts
have you ever got your seat belt caught in the door jam when you close the door?
I did an mine and dented my door where the switch make contact with the door.
if so you'll need the shim out the switch.

·
6,836 Posts
Check the hood switch and make sure the rubber stopper (on the hood itself) that depresses it isn't missing or misaligned.
Wow, I actually learned something here, as I had no idea that the hood being slightly opened could be the culprit. Well done, Andrew! :clap:

·
22,788 Posts
Andrew has untapped skills! This is but a sampling. :grin:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Wow, I actually learned something here, as I had no idea that the hood being slightly opened could be the culprit. Well done, Andrew! :clap:
Andrew has untapped skills! This is but a sampling. :grin:

That's a long-remembered bit of knowledge as the SM generation Santa Fe suffers from that ailment quite frequently. Thankfully mine never did. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts