Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.. Desperate help is needed here :S......

I'll first post something about the background with this Sonata. Its a 2004 GLS V6. The car is my cousin's.

One day on the morning he went to drive off with the car, battery dead. Completely drained.

We managed to move the battery from his sister's camry and started it, then placed his battery back in.

After the car was started, he drove to work (45 min commute), he turned it off and voila.... the car didnt start. I would assume 45 min driving should be enough to charge a batt... but it didnt. Alt tested and is perfect (according to Autozone). Diagnosis, dead battery.

He went ahead and replaced the battery. Since then, no issues whatsoever with the start, in fact all seems to work better like sun roof and power windows, they actuate faster, he says.

So back to the main reason for the post... the issue is this:
Ever since this happened, when he is driving, the door and headlight chime goes ON chiming... non stop driving everybody crazy!!!!
When it starts chiming while the car is been driven, the doors unlock and it will continue like that randomly.
It shuts itself off randomly as well, and when it is off it will not open the doors. But as he drives the chime goes on again and the doors unlock (the 4 of them). If you try to close the doors while the chime is on, they will unlock, doesnt matter if u close them manually or with the close button. If the chime is off, the doors will remain unlocked.

No door ajar, seat belt or any other indicator light is on on the gauge.

I've tested the car myself and seems like possesed, its too weird!

Now, lets say that the chime is on.... and the car gets parked.

With the headlights off, windows and doors closed, and the key in the OFF position, the chime is on (like if it had headlights on... the weird thing is that when the lights are on, and the car gets shut down, it will turn the lights off!).

When key is removed, chime goes off, BUT.... alarm will not arm (doors will close).

After a while doors being locked, you will see the park lights turn on 1 time (as if the system was armed, the way it should as soon as you arm the system with the remote).

Randomly, alarm will go off in the middle of the night with no stopping unless you open the doors with the remote (disarm the system) and close the doors with the key.

Saying if you would drive the car.... If the key is inserted on the OFF position, the chime is ON and if driven doors wont lock until the chime goes off.

If the chime is off, the alarm will arm with no issues, and the doors will remain unlocked.

Ive disconnected the battery, and re-connected it again.... no luck..

And really i have no idea where to start looking...
The doors are all closed. Trunk lid closed as well, and engine hood closed as well.. ( i do suspect on the engine hood sensor tip ).

Any help is greatly appreciated... At least where to start.. would be awesome.

:liebe011:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the EXACT SAME problem!!!
Ive gotten a new battery, new alt. thought maybe it was a magnetic circuit, cant find it though!

Door chime and drivers side door light are constantly on while driving. Drivers side door light is on even while parked & off. EVen shoving my butt into the door will only turn it off for a second but then after a few moments (wind or gravity) it will come back on.

At first it started simply, randomly going off and then shutting up, never a light on the dash to be seen & I honestly just thought the g-forces of my turning would set it off haha!
Now though it is CONSTANT!
I cannot even arm the lock on my car anymore because I KNOW that a slight bit of wind will "open" the door even while it is closed!

SOMEHOW the connection with the door is NOT being completed even when the door is closed UNLESS I pull on the door while inside and driving!

I want to know WHERE this circuit is completed in the driver's side. Anyone have or know where to find the electrical schematic?

Is it a magnet? An electrical circuit? Is it IN the door?

I don't want to silence the chime from the center console, that wont work because my problem isnt JUST the chime! The problem is the door ajar circuit is NOT being completed and It kills my battery!

So if there is ANYONE out there who knows PLEEASE help!

I joined this forum JUST so I could fix this problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the thing,

I dont have any door ajar light in the dashboard....!

Just the **** chime... and same here, i dont want to get rid of the chime, cuz the alarm still wont work!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thats what I am saying ;)

Mine STARTED OUT the same way...I mean to a T....

after about 6 months though it is now CONSTANTLY when I drive!

If there is a way to find and complete the circuit, then the door ajar chime will NEVER activate which would not mess with the alarm because the computer will always "see" as the problem door as closed. Which would also not activate the door light while parked which helps to drain the battery.

Seriously? This isnt a common problem? I figured an answer might have been posted by now :(
What do people only want to disable the door chime because it annoys them when they open the door? This has NEVER happened to anyone on the forum before?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts