Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live up in Prattville, AL about 20 mins away from the hyundai factory that manufactures the sonata...and none of the dealers around here can find a Harbor Gray Metallic SE with Nav/moon roof package! I live right up the road from the plant! they still can't find it! must be a popular car.......

·
Banned
630 Posts
I'm willing to bet its because the car is foreign....I bet if you wanted a certain Ford Mustang, they'd have plenty for you

·
Registered
548 Posts
Location to the plant has nothing to do with availability in your area. There's a whole country with much higher demand than your area that needs to be catered to first.

·
Registered
717 Posts
There are several here in the Midwest. I would check with Hyundai in Grand Island, NE they had one for sell a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (Toshiro Toyama @ Jun 16 2010, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333426
I live up in Prattville, AL about 20 mins away from the hyundai factory that manufactures the sonata...and none of the dealers around here can find a Harbor Gray Metallic SE with Nav/moon roof package! I live right up the road from the plant! they still can't find it! must be a popular car.......
I have one. :harhar:

Just kidding. I know how you feel. I spent over 6 weeks searching for either a red, white, or grey SE w/Nav within a 300 mile radius. Your only options are to either wait, or start considering other color options to widen the net. But I do know how much it sucks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ Jun 16 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333548
I have one. :harhar:

Just kidding. I know how you feel. I spent over 6 weeks searching for either a red, white, or grey SE w/Nav within a 300 mile radius. Your only options are to either wait, or start considering other color options to widen the net. But I do know how much it sucks.
Or just drive 6-7 hours and be happy?

·
Registered
717 Posts
The dealer might do a dealer trade and you would owe nothing or the dealer can buy and ship for you. You would pay frieght which might end up being $400 or less.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Toshiro Toyama @ Jun 16 2010, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333426

Hello fellow Alabamian,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a Harbor Gray Metallic SE sitting on the lot at Hyundai of Auburn. It is only 50 miles Northeast of Montgomery. That is where I got my Sonata when I couldn't find what I wanted within 100 miles of Montgomery.

Hyundai of Auburn gave me a price of $200 above Invoice which I felt was a good price considering the difficulty finding what I wanted.

Also, there is currently a $500 discount for all active duty or retired military. I took advantage of it also.

Here is their telephone number if you want to give them a call. I found them to be very easy to work with. 1-877-498-0358.

The also have a website. Do a search for Hyundai of Auburn. Getting what you want in a car is well worth the effort.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd like to give you some hope that you may find your car but as some have mentioned be prepared to wait or travel. For myself, I am also concerned with availability of the upcoming 2.0 turbo due to what I consider will be healthy demand. As a matter of fact, price although it is important, is not my primary factor, because like you I want what I want. A Phantom Black on Black optioned out to the nines. Or maybe Pacific Blue just in case my first choice is already sold out! :grin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live up in Birmingham, and wanted the exact same make/model/features. Took my dealership 3 1/2 weeks to find one in Georgia and do a dealer trade. Keep your chin up and start calling dealerships, or better yet - talk to your dealer about a dealer trade. They should be able to search all the inventory in the country with just a couple of keystrokes on their computer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (smithw14 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333641
I live up in Birmingham, and wanted the exact same make/model/features. Took my dealership 3 1/2 weeks to find one in Georgia and do a dealer trade. Keep your chin up and start calling dealerships, or better yet - talk to your dealer about a dealer trade. They should be able to search all the inventory in the country with just a couple of keystrokes on their computer.

so your saying you stole my sonata.....?!!?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (smithw14 @ Jun 16 2010, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333641

QUOTE (Toshiro Toyama @ Jun 17 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333818
so your saying you stole my sonata.....?!!?
I would say he beat you to it :laughing:

·
Registered
717 Posts
na BS on the dealerships!! You guys are getting played! They are trying to sell what they have or make you pay more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jun 17 2010, 04:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333867
na BS on the dealerships!! You guys are getting played! They are trying to sell what they have or make you pay more.

I was at my dealership, Hyundai Mall of Georgia, in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, getting an oil change. This is one of 5 Hyundai Dealerships in metro Atlanta. They must have had over 30 Sonatas on the lot. I counted at least 10-12 LTD, 5-6 SE's. This is just one dealership, I have not looked around, but I can't see a shortage!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

I saw a sweet Genesis Coupe "3.8 TRACK EDITIONS" with, wing, upgrade brembo brakes, track suspension, all the works. I was willing to do an even swap with my GLS, but they wouldn't go for it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jun 16 2010, 05:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333588
The dealer might do a dealer trade and you would owe nothing or the dealer can buy and ship for you. You would pay frieght which might end up being $400 or less.
There is a Fixed Freight Charge ($720 in this case) imposed by Fed to Continental US, regardless if you live 1 mile or 3000 miles from factory. I live in Alabama and had to get my Hyundai of the colors I wanted in Nashville, TN, and paid extra for dealer to dealer delivery.

It is a matter of supply economics. You might get any color choices you want if dealers has gluts of vehicles, not a case here.

·
Registered
717 Posts
BS again! I had my SE traded from Missouri to Kansas and didn't pay a dime! So if you pay that freight charge you got OWNED!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking for a Radiant Silver Limited with gray interior and the local dealer couldn't find on closer than 485 miles on his computer listing. I went home and in less than 30 minutes found one 70 miles away just by checking inventory on dealer websites. I also got the car for $500 less as well. If you can, check for yourself because the dealers computer may not be up to date on inventory.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts