Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the airbag light come on, it was intermittent before, but now it stays on, battery pull did not fix it, what are my options ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dealer scan with GDS, go from based off the code(s) recovered in SRSCM.. OR just unplug the harness from SRSCM and drive car around as a pre-SRS era car...

·
Registered
2 Posts
my airbag light is on, too. It was on several times before the warranty ran out, and they "fixed" it each time by adding some of the contact stuff on it, my problem is the contact under the driver seat. my kids like to poke stuff under the seats . . . .after warranty they finally wanted to actually fix it, cost about $130 at the dealer plus the $90 dollars now to tell me what I already knew was the cause. The light is still on, it should have been properly fixed in the first place. They told me it was just a bad contact. I told them to just leave it then. I suppose sooner or later, I will just fix it myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (Charlie Brown @ Oct 5 2010, 02:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361165
my airbag light is on, too. It was on several times before the warranty ran out, and they "fixed" it each time by adding some of the contact stuff on it, my problem is the contact under the driver seat. my kids like to poke stuff under the seats . . . .after warranty they finally wanted to actually fix it, cost about $130 at the dealer plus the $90 dollars now to tell me what I already knew was the cause. The light is still on, it should have been properly fixed in the first place. They told me it was just a bad contact. I told them to just leave it then. I suppose sooner or later, I will just fix it myself.

Can you tell me how I can fix that problem. My Sonata SE is brand new with only 104 miles on it. The airbag light started to come on today morning as I was getting ready to go to church. The dealership wants me to come in, but my work ends late and I might not be able to make it on time. Perhaps I can drop off my car and get a loaner? Any ideas? Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts